Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URL being masked and affecting Click Through Ratio

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

URL being masked and affecting Click Through Ratio

I noticed that any URL that I place in my newsletter is being replaced by a very long and obscure combination of letters and numbers that to some people, might look unsafe to click on. I feel that this is affecting my click through rate immensely. I'm getting wonderful open rates but when my subscribers see that weird URL when they hover over the Call to action button, they are being deterred from clicking. Please see the screenshot I have attached. Notice at the bottom of the browser you can see the weird combination I am referring to. Can anything be done to fix this or at least make it less suspicious looking?

constantcontactweirdlinks.jpg

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: URL being masked and affecting Click Through Ratio

Hello @FredG21,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We understand that you want your emails to display as professional as possible; however, this is a standard tracking link to be sure that we capture all click reporting for your links. We do not currently have a way to change this function but we can submit your feedback on this so that we can make our product the best that we can for our customers.

As always we will be here to help if you have any further questions or concerns!

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Thank you sir for your response. I just attempted to sign into my Constant Contact account and it is giving me this error message: 

Call Customer Support

We've temporarily deactivated your Constant Contact account. Please contact Customer Support so that we may resolve the problem and reactivate your account. We will continue to bill your account during this time.

I was also receiving this same message yesterday around this time and around 8 am, it ended up letting me in without having to call. I'm trying to call but you guys don't open until 8am. Will it automatically fix itself like it did yesterday? What is the exact reason that this is transpiring?
Occasional Participant

Please disregard my question. It allowed me log in at 7 am on the dot again. Does Constant Contact temporarily suspend accounts before 7AM?

Honored Contributor

Hello @FredG21

I am happy to hear that this resolved itself. If you do run into this message again, you can call into our Review team, they would be the best to assist you. Here's how to get in touch with them, they open at 8am on weekdays.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!