cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Export Contacts

Occasional Advisor

Unable to Export Contacts

When trying to export contacts so that I can manage them because the UI does not work for segmenting emails, the export process says it is working and may take up to 15 minutes and to check the status. When checking the status, there is no export and no export in process. How am I supposed to manage my segments using the god-awful export workaround if I can't even export the contacts???

cc-export-issue-1.pngcc-export-issue-2.pngcc-export-issue-3.png

10 REPLIES 10
Occasional Advisor

Beware: Unusable list and tag management!!!

I need to create list/tag segments to test optimal days/times to send. When I try to create segments using a list or tags the process completely fails and the contacts are not added. For example:

1. Perform an advanced search based on subscribed lists and date added.
  2. Click the select all checkbox to select all contacts in the search results.
  3. First problem: when clicking manage lists or tags, it does not show the current lists or tags.
  4. Second problem: Select a list or tag to add the contacts and click apply. The interface shows a message, "500 contacts have been successfully added to 1 list,"  but the contacts are not added to the list or tags selected!!!
  5. Third problem: The workaround requires exporting the contacts, separating them into groups in Excel, and reimporting them in groups. The export can take up to 15 minutes if it even works so it is like pulling teeth and exceedingly slow to get anything done!!!

This is completely frustrating, has been an issue for months/years, and I question why we are paying $100 a month for this lack of functionality. Why doesn't this work and when will this be fixed?!?

Tags (3)
Occasional Advisor

Re: Beware: Unusable list and tag management!!!

The workaround to add contacts to a list or tag, export contacts and manage them manually, does not work! The interface shows that it is exporting successfully and then, it just disappears and it's not even noted in the activity log...

Tags (3)

Hello @DerekM2. It looks like you are currently working with a member of our upper level of support regarding the issue you are having with adding tags to your contacts. They will be reaching out to you directly with any additional information or if they need to conduct some troubleshooting. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

The tag issue is ongoing and has not been fixed. The upper-level support was able to repeat the problem and there is still no solution. I am now tasked with sending emails to segments of a list and the tagging feature still does not allow me to tag contacts in an advanced search. I'm exceedingly disappointed that these features we pay for are not working. For the love of sanity, is this ever going to be fixed?

CTCT Employee

Hi @DerekM2

I apologize for your continued frustration with this feature. You may provide feedback to our developers here, and I can assure you we are continuing to try to find a resolution for your issue. Please feel free to reach out anytime if you need anything further. 

Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Advisor

Re: Unable to Export Contacts

My job duty requires that I send out an email campaign. I am unable to perform this task due to this issue. Calling is of no use with a 1 hr wait. As a paying customer, how do I get support?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @DerekM2,

I'm very sorry you're not able to export a contact list, and we're glad you reached out as we'd like to help. We understand that sometimes the wait when calling Customer Support is long so we provide other options to reach us as well. Nonetheless, this would be something that we'd want to further troubleshoot within your account in order to find out why the export isn't processing. When I checked into your account I saw that you were able to speak with Customer Support over the phone. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Thanks!

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Advisor

I appreciate your apology but this is an ongoing problem. As a company, an apology seems insincere if the problem is not fixed in a reasonable amount of time. The phone rep and I tested this and the other UI issues noted in another thread (Unable to add contacts to a list or tag), using screen sharing on Chrome and Firefox with the same results, it does not work. The phone rep can export and manage the contacts but I cannot. Combined with the issues last month, support requests, and the ongoing issues in general, I have wasted hours just trying to use the services we are paying for. The workarounds, to segment contacts using the export to manually manage contacts, don't even work now! I am now waiting for a call back from a tier 2 support rep. This is horribly frustrating and I'm baffled why CC allows this to occur for months (maybe years) without fixing it. SMH 

Highlighted

I'm having this exact same issue. Has this been addressed yet?

Tags (3)