cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Resubscribe

All Star

Unable to Resubscribe

Resubscribed email not getting added back into list. This has been going on for over a year even after multiple attempts to gett them resubscribed! Nobodya in CHAT can help and I can't get through by phone. My friend is quite upset and so am I! I went to the Community Help and discovered that many others are also having this problem. What the heck! Why doesn't CC fix this issue? Their automated system is obviously NOT WORKING!

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Unable to Resubscribe

Hi @TamlynA7

I apologize you aren't able to re-subscribe your contact. Under the email address of each unsubscribed contact is a link that says re-subscribe.

Resubscribe.png
Clicking on that link will allow you to send an email to your contact so they may opt back into the list you select. Once the system sends this email the process begins and this contact will be put into “Awaiting Confirmation.” I took a look into your contacts and was not able to see any contacts in awaiting confirmation.

I suggest searching for your contact and clicking on their name to see their details. If there is a resubscribe link and you are unable to click it, have you tried a different browser or a private/incognito window? If there is no button saying resubscribe and instead their status says permission to send, is there an email list shown under their email address? If there is no email list under their email address but says "Add To Email List," they are not unsubscribed. They simply are not in a list to receive emails. In this case, adding them to the correct list will allow them to get your emails again. Blank List.png

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

You are the 6th person to tell me to do exactly what I and my client have already done several times without success. SHE HAS ALREADY BEEN RESUBSCRIBED SEVERAL TIMES IN THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF!!!  She is a member of our organization and I CANNOT leave her off the list!  I need you to either put her back onto my all my email lists on your end, OR fix your system so that clicking the RESUBSCRIBE will actually resubscribe her once and for all!  It's so rediculous that I am having to repeat myself so many times and NOBODY AT CONSTANT CONTACT IS LISTENING TO ME!!!!  Honestly, I'm at my wits end with you people. You used to be the best and I loved working with you but not any more. IF THIS PROBLEM DOES NOT GET FIXED YOU WILL BE FORCING ME TO GET A REFUND ON OUR SERVICES AND GO TO A DIFFERENT PROVIDER!!!

Highlighted

Hi @TamlynA7,

I apologize for any confusion on our part regarding this. I would like to take a closer look. Could you please email me at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the email address of the contact in question, and a reference to this post? 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

I'm having the same problem but the solution you present does not work because the original email I sent to resubscribe them (at their request) went into an internal company spam filter that CANNOT be retrieved by their IT department. 

They have since white listed my emails from constant contact but that is off no use since there is NOT an option to send the re-subscribe email request a second time. Please help because I have a couple of hundred members with this predicament.

Thank you!

Hi @KarenA703. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this issue. You are correct with us not being able to resend the confirmation email that is sent to contacts who have previously unsubscribed. I would suggest sending them the link to your sign-up form so they can directly sign up for your emails again. You would have to email them outside of Constant Contact since they show as unsubscribed so you can email them through your business email.

Caitlin M.

All Star

The person in the screen capture (below) is an IT director. He has white listed our emails as per the directions from a Constant Contact support staff yesterday and has also filled out an "update your info" form on constant contact....also per Constant Contact support recommendations.

HOWEVER, as you can see from his profile, we are still "awaiting confirmation" to be able to send him emails. We and he have done everything that Constant Contact requires to re-instate our previously blocked emails to no avail.

This same problem is impacting several dozen other emails in our system. If we cannot resolve this, we unfortunately will have to seek out another mass email provider. I would appreciate some specific troubleshooting on my issue. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Hello @KarenA703. I'm so sorry for the trouble you have had with adding this contact back on to your lists. It looked like we had suggested sending your contact a link to your sign-up form. Were you able to do this? If you were still having trouble confirming his email address, I would suggest contacting our Deliverability team who will be able to do further troubleshooting with you. Here is a link to their phone numbers and hours of operation. 

Caitlin M.

All Star

We are having the same problem. The original resubscibe link went into spam or was accidentally deleted. I can't resend it. I've sent her a direct link to our sign-up form which she has filled out multiple times but she's still not showing up as an active member. The people who have specifically requested to receive our emails (we're a church, this is how we notify members of our congregation of things) shouldn't have to create a new email account just so they can know what's going on when. 

I realize there are laws that govern spam, that's why we stopped sending directly and started sending with CC, but people should be able to freely OPT IN when they want to as well as opt out and this isn't working correctly. 

Hi @FirstPresRdg

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your contact! I apologize you're having this same experience with resubscribing them. Sending the direct link for your sign up form is definitely one of the troubleshooting steps we suggest. I took a peek at your account and can see you were able to get in contact with our support about resubscribing your contact. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Frankie P.