cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to edit a scheduled email

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Unable to edit a scheduled email

No idea why they make it impossible to adjust the send date on an email that is scheduled but has not been sent. The only way to do it is to copy and then delete?????

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to edit a scheduled email

Hi @StevenS0391

Thanks for asking how to edit a scheduled email. First you want to unschedule it. I'm going to show you the way that you can unschedule a scheduled email. That is the only way to edit it. Then once you are done making your changes you will have to reschedule it. 

• Click the Campaigns tab
  • Go to Scheduled to see your list of Scheduled Campaigns
  • To the right of the scheduled campaign you want to edit, click the drop-down Actions menu
  • Choose Unschedule
    Unschedule Drop Down.png

• This brings you to your Campaigns page where you want to click on the Unschedule button on the right.
    Unschedule.png

• Once you do that, you want to click on Save as Draft on the right.
    Save as Draft.png

• Then on the left click on Edit under the thumbnail of the campaign 
    Edit Draft.png

• Then that will take you into Edit mode to make your changes
  • Follow prompts to edit and then re-schedule your email

And that's it! Hope that helps!

Is this not an option in the lowest level tier of service?

I made a campaign in the CC app.  I went online to edit it, and did remove it from being scheduled.

I still can't edit the copy, only the template.

Tags (3)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hey @StephanieH1148 In order to make edits to a scheduled email, the email does have to be unscheduled first. This allows you to make your changes before sending and then the edited email can be rescheduled to send out. What I also want to mention is that when an email has been created on either the mobile app or desktop, it can only be edited on the platform that it was created on.

Elizabeth Moneypenny
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.