cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Unable to find the spam check

Occasional Contributor

Unable to find the spam check

I saw the Spam Check function mentioned in one of the training videos, but I don't see it on my screen. Would you please point me to it?
18 REPLIES 18
CTCT Employee

Re: Unable to find the spam check

Hello @CaoH,

I did take a look at some of your latest campaigns and you are currently using our Next-Generation Editor, which at this time does not have the Spam Check feature. We are tracking this request and I will certainly pass this feedback along to the appropriate team! 

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Honored Contributor

Firstly it's not the next generation editor, it's the most current one. .

Does your company no longer think the tool you were previously promoting is no longer valuable or needed?

Why did the product manager let it get removed?

Did it not work in the older version?
Why do you just chuck stuff out?
CTCT Employee

Spam Check isn't in the new editor because it wasn't getting used in the previous generation editor. Some notifications provided by Spam Check were also causing confusion (and in some cases were outdated). We're constantly evaluating different tools and implementations of features that ensure customer success. In the future, we'll be looking into better-integrated email validation features.

It's also important to note that Constant Contact has a best-in-class deliverability rating that we monitor daily -- it's consistently at or above 97%.

Highlighted
LTU

We have used spam check in the past and find it helps remind us to use good practices.

Tags (2)

Hello @LTU. We are still tracking this feature request and I will put in feedback to our developers for you. In the meantime, check out these two FAQs that give some best practices on how to minimize the possibility of your email triggering a spam filter:

Common Phrases that Trigger Spam Filters

Optimize the Subject Line in a Campaign Email

I also found a blog post that might be helpful for you as well:

6 Mistakes that Can Get Your Emails Marked as Spam (Even if You’re Not a Spammer)

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

I just read that the "current" version of your software has no way to spam check.  Well, every email I have sent has gone to people's junk mail.   What is the point of mass emails if I can't get them through to my customer's?    Removing sections and sending myself a campaign to check it is not a great solution ....time waster.    Need to fix it. :smileyface:

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @StephanieH736,

I do apologize for the experience you are having with your emails going into the junk folder. The reason why we ask for you to troubleshoot your newsletter by sending yourself pieces of it is to see what is causing your emails to go into junk. Your emails could be going into junk due to your content, so I recommend taking a look at our great articles on how to reduce your spam reports. After troubleshooting this, if every part of your email still goes into junk, please give our Delivery team a call for further research. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

It's been a year now -- will the spam checker return???

I always relied on it. Not good to have to choose between a responsive layout, and a spam checker.

Hi @EllenF26,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can definitely understand how helpful a spam checker on your emails would be. I apologize at this time we do not have a time estimate of when this tool will be brought back. However, adding a spam checker to our mobile responsive templates in our newest editor is a feature request I have tracked in your account and passed on to our engineers. 

Frankie.P