cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save any changes

Honored Contributor

Re: Draft disappeared -- is there no auto-save?

Although I'm not sure of the frequency, there is an autosave option, one would think its enabled by default.  You may want to check.

2015-12-29_9-57-59.jpg

p.s.  Kinda interesting that CTCT edited the original note to remove a competitor's name but neglected to answer the customer's question. Whats up with that? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Draft disappeared -- is there no auto-save?

Hello @RonM576

Like @Clique_Marketing mentioned there is an Auto-Save within your account that is automatically turned on for all accounts.  This autosaves a template that you are working in, like if you would have pressed the Save button at the top right of the page.  If you are working within a specific block though, it will not save the open block.  

Visitor

Seems like I get the error message "oops your changes can't be saved" more and more often.

Anything you can suggest?
Tags (2)

Re: Seems like I get the error message "oops your changes can't be saved" more and more of

HI @PamT42

I am sorry to hear you are seeing messages like this. We're happy to help. Can you help with some details?

- What browser are you usually working in when this happens?

- Is there any action that causes an error or does it seem random?

- Can you screenshot the error next time you get it and email it to us?

- Are you pasting content into your email from another source?

- Are you copying the same template to use again?

- Are you on a work or home network?

- Where in the world are you located? General area is fine!

Thanks for your help, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
All Star

Newsletter was erased inexplicably

While preparing to send my April newsletter, half of it just disappeared. I hadn't undone anything; the only change was to use the replace option for a picture. The really horrible part was that the newsletter was completely done at that point, and much of the content had been written inside Constant Contact. I guess the lesson learned is to write in Word, and copy/paste into CC to avoid total loss in the future. It was just really disappointing to lose the hours that I'd already spent.
Tags (3)
Honored Contributor

Re: Newsletter was erased inexplicably

I do a manually save after every update or change as I work, that seems to cover my butt.

CTCT Employee

Re: Newsletter was erased inexplicably

Hi @AmyK5940,

I apologize for what happened to you while you were finishing up your newsletter. We would like to investigate this issue further to see about preventing this from happening in the future. If you have the time to give additional information, we would greatly appreciate it. We would need to know:

1.) The name of the Campaign you were working on

2.) the section you had last done prior to saving

3.) Did all content disappear or did it revert to previously saved version.

We would be happy to investigate this matter further once you get back to us.

Please feel free to email us back at: social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com

Kindly,

Amy J

Community &
Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question,
please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in
the bottom right hand corner of this post.
Occasional Contributor

What happened to my edited draft Email Express message?

Where is my draft Email Express message I spent an hour preparing last night, July 7, 2016? I see no trace of it, only the preceding message that I had copied and edited with the new information. Last night ConCon was weird, refusing to allow me to copy and paste or change font size and margin styles. Finally after saving again and again then getting no response to attempted edits, and being unable to log out, I exited the program. Now I must begin again from the start. The problem was not with my computer or my internet connection; they were running correctly. I am not happy.
Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: What happened to my edited draft Email Express message?

Hi @SherrieS89

I'm sorry for all the troubles you experienced with creating your email campaign. It sounds as though the issues you were running into are related to your web browser. Please try working in private/incognito mode to see if there might be a third party web browser add-on program that has been installed and needs disabled. Or you can try another web browser for better results using Constant Contact. In addition, you can use the Sort feature to locate any email campaign:

2016-07-11_11-08-04.png

I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

Holiday campaigns

I just spent two hours carefully creating an email campaign and I saved it faithfully. Then I saw the information just at the top right of the document I was doing that spoke to the html saving. I went to check it out and somehow lost all of me work! Help!!
Tags (3)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!