cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Unmatched fields when importing contacts from excel

Highlighted
All Star

Unmatched fields when importing contacts from excel

When I "Update from File", the columns "Title" and "Middle" come up "Unmatched"? My header labels in the excel file are "title" and "middle", why are they not matching?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Unmatched fields when importing contacts from excel

Hey @DannyB-D11,

Thank you for reaching out to us. While our automated systems work well, sometimes they hit a snag. Fortunately, when you upload contacts via file, we give you the opportunity to manually check and make sure that the columns are correctly matched. If you're running into an issue where our system doesn't detect a column, you can click the dropdown menu to select what the field should be.

Check out our article on uploading contacts via file for more info.

Our article on formatting files prior to upload could provide some additional insight.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, simply reply here or create a new thread and we'd be happy to assist.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.