cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Unscribed/Unopened/Bounced Emails from Other Website

Regular Visitor

Unscribed/Unopened/Bounced Emails from Other Website

We use our website database to export contacts to excel, then import to CC. When the list is complete with unscribed/unopened/bounced emails, if we update CC with another list from our website, will those unscribed/bounced emails be reactivated in CC or does CC recognize that the email was once unscribed and automatically removes it?

Or, do I have to go to my original source and remove all those email addresses so that we don't reoffend?

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Unscribed/Unopened/Bounced Emails from Other Website

Hi @Candys_Cats 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today. 

That's a great question. While Constant Contact won't immediately recognize unsubscribes from another system, if you have a list of those unsubscribes you can import them so our system does recognize them. You may do that by following these instructions. Thank you for reaching out. Please feel free to come back should you need anything else. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a good day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The emailed answer didn't help me, but I called CC and the young man whose name just escaped me (Taylor? Tyler?) was able to help me. He created a segmented file for me to go to my website and remove the offending email addresses (over 1,900) so that when we refresh our list, they will not be on the list.

Tags (2)

Hi @Candys_Cats 

Thank you for sharing this update here in the Community! I apologize we misunderstood your original post. I am however happy our support agent was able to help you locate and export contacts who have not opened your emails in a year through our segmentation feature.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.