Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsubscribe not populating recipient email

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unsubscribe not populating recipient email

We moved to a newer template for our monthly newsletter, but the Unsubscribe link in the footer won't auto-populate the recipient's address.

Previously the template said "SafeUnsubsribeTM {recipient's email}" and the recipients saw "SafeUnsubscribeTM myemail@emailemail.com"

Now the template says "Unsubscribe {recipient's email}" and recipients on test emails see "Unsubscribe {recipient's email}" with no email address populated.

What am I missing?

TIA,

Wendy

1 REPLY

Re: Unsubscribe not populating recipient email

Hi @W.J.H

Thank you for reaching out about your email! I apologize for any confusion your test emails may be causing. Whether you are using our older Legacy Newsletter Emails or our newer Newsletter Emails the footer in both will remain the same. Test emails do not populate the recipient's email address in the footer. The footer in your emails will always say {recipient's email} until you schedule a full send of your campaign to your contact lists.

third-gen-editor-updated-footer-unsubscribe-link (3).png

Once your contacts receive it their email address will be populated in the Unsubscribe link located in your footer.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!