cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsubscribed Autoresponse Message?

All Star

Unsubscribed Autoresponse Message?

Is there a way I can schedule an auto response when a user unsubs? The majority of the time we have people unsubbing by accident and it causes extra work sorting them out and having them resub.

Today I unsubbed from a list and recieved this automatically:

We have removed your email address from our list.

We're sorry to see you go.

Was this a mistake? Did you forward one of our emails to a friend, and they clicked the unsubscribe link not realizing they were in fact unsubscribing you from this list? If this was a mistake, you can re-subscribe at:...

Can I do this with CC?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Unsubscribed Autoresponse Message?

Hello @DeniseH321. At this time, we are unable to customize the message that a contact will see when they unsubscribe from your newsletters. It is something that we are collecting feedback on and I will send over your request to our Product team.

One step you can take to prevent accidental unsubscribes is to customize your Update Profile form to give your contacts the ability to choose what information they would like to receive from you. Once this form is set up, they would see the list selection before being given the option to unsubscribe. Here is a link to an article with more information on how to update this form. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Thanks Caitlin - please do make the request to product - it's not a lot of heavy lifting and is a huge value ad for a list like mine (and likely many others).

Take care,

Denise

All Star

One more vote for the ability to send an unsub autoresponse message. This is available in competitor products and very useful.

CTCT Employee

Hi @SaraW and @DeniseH321,

Thanks for reaching out about this! We have forwarded your feedback to our programmers. In the meantime, we do suggest, as Caitlin mentioned, that your Update Profile form is current to help from any accidental unsubscribing.

Nichelle M

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Has there been any developments on this issue? Thanks

James

Hi @JerdonekA 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question! Being able to customize the message on the unsubscribe form is a feature request we are still collecting feedback on. In the mean time we suggest to continue the workaround of customizing the Update Profile form in your account.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.