Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsubscribed by Mistake

SOLVED
Highlighted
All Star

Unsubscribed by Mistake

I posted this in Conversations, then saw that it is a little-used forum.

We get a few Unsubscribed with each edition of our member newsletter.  I wanted to know why; maybe I could improve the newsletter.  I emailed the 5 members who Unsubscribed last week.  3 of them replied,

all saying they Unsubscribed by mistake, and to please Resubscribe them.

I suspect they are hitting the Unsubscribe link at the top of the email, maybe while trying to scroll down.

There is another Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.  That should be sufficient if they don't like my newsletter.   Can that top link be turned off?

4 REPLIES 4
All Star

Unsubscribed by Mistake

We get a few Unsubscribed with each edition of our member newsletter.  I wanted to know why; maybe I could improve the newsletter.  I emailed the 5 members who Unsubscribed last week.  3 of them replied,

all saying they Unsubscribed by mistake, and to please Resubscribe them.

I suspect they are hitting the Unsubscribe link at the top of the email, maybe while trying to scroll down.

There is another Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.  That should be sufficient if they don't like my newsletter.   Can that top link be turned off?

CTCT Employee

Re: Unsubscribed by Mistake

Hi @tass001,

Thanks for reaching out! We're sorry for any confusion about the current activity on the Conversations board. We're happy to report it's very active and we will help answer your questions no matter where you may post in the Community!  

In addition, we understand that contacts accidentally Unsubscribe so we make it easy for you to help them re-subscribe. And while the Unsubscribe link is located in the footer of every email campaign, the only option for including it at the top is within the Header Options of a campaign created in our older Legacy editor. It's called the Permission Reminder and you can remove it by placing your cursor over the Header Options block and clicking the Edit icon (step 1):

2018-09-20_15-10-45.png

Then uncheck the box next to Permission Reminder (step 2) and you'll see the reminder text disappear (step 3). Finally, click Ok (step 4):

2018-09-20_15-10-21.png

I also wanted to let you know that a a great place in our Community for suggestions regarding your email campaign is the Critique My Campaign board. You can include the permanent URL link to your campaign so others can view it and provide helpful feedback.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Spoke today with Adriana in Support.  We figured the extra Unsubscribe button in being produced by Outlook, and only in Office 365.

I sent last Friday's newsletter in a new campaign I created in 3rd Gen.  So far, we have 0 Unsubscribes.

We had been averaging 5 per week.  This might be the fix.

Thank you, Nichelle.

CTCT Employee

Hello @tass001

Thank you for providing us an update on the situation!

Feel free to reach back out if you run into any other issues!

Thanks!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!