cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unwanted, unexpected background color in text box

Unwanted, unexpected background color in text box

blue box.PNG

My campaign email has a white background. Between sending the test email to myself/coworker and sending the actual email to the mailing list, a solid blue background appeared in one of the text boxes. This rendered the black text in that box barely legible. At no time did I change the background color to blue and the settings showed the background color choice to be white. When I copied the email, the background settings still showed white as the color selected for all backgrounds, but now three more text boxes had blue backgrounds. In each case, the settings showed the background to be set to white although the appearance was blue.

The first customer service person at Constant Contact had no solution. The second customer service person suggested I choose a random color for the background and then choose white again, saying that sometimes the background color doesn't "stick" for some reason. This appeared to work: The text box showed blue background, the setting was set to white, I changed it to pink, the background text turned pink, the setting was set to pink, I changed it to white, the background became white, and the setting show it was set to white. Although it appears to be fixed at this point, I am unsure if it is permanent. Has anyone else had this issue and can offer guidance? Thank you.

I am using the latest version of Chrome and have built my email using the latest generation of CC editor.

3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Unwanted, unexpected background color in text box

Hello @StratisHealth,

Thank you for bringing this up.  I have been looking through some of our resources to see if I can find record of something like this being reported and I am not coming up with much.  I am making sure to track this and I, like you, would love to hear if anyone else has had this problem.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Yes, we are having this same issue.  When we change the font color, it changes the whole background color from white to blue.

Very annoying.

CTCT Employee

Hello @ChristineS09359,

I apologize that you are experiencing this as well. We are aware that this is happening and other customers of ours have reported this happening as well, and we are currently working on a fix. The workaround at the moment is to save the email, exit, and reenter the email. That should allow you to change the font color without your background changing color as well. Again, I apologize that you are experiencing this and you will be contacted when this has been resolved. Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a wonderful day! 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!