cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Upgrade HostGator/Constant Contact package

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Upgrade HostGator/Constant Contact package

Constant Contact Product Management Team: I have a WordPress website with HostGator hosting. I have Constant Contact email marketing service via HostGator. I need to integrate Constant Contact via WPForm plugin on my WordPress website. On my WordPress website > under WPForm plugin > in Settings > in the Integrations tab > Click here to register with Constant Contact > triggers a new window where I need to log into Constant Contact to obtain this authorization code. The issue I'm having is being able to log into Constant Contact when it opens in a new window. The only way I can currently access Constant Contact is via HostGator. As far as I know, I need to enter directly into Constant Contact to obtain the authorization code to link the two programs together, but I don't have login credentials to do so. UPDATE: I tried resolving this issue via HostGator chat support...dead-end. 😕 I was able to get the two programs to talk to each other. What I ended up doing was adding an account user (Account Manager) to Constant Contact. That allowed me to login directly to Constant Contact when the new window opened. After logging in, magically the authorization code appeared. I copied and pasted into the WPForm and it tells me that I'm CONNECTED!!! Unfortunately, my form is still not talking to Constant Contact. UPDATE #2: After talking to Constant Contact Tier II Tech Support, I understand that the issue is the email automation form that I was using. I was using a "Welcome Email" instead of an AutoResponder Email. And I was using the same email address to test the web form and email automation. Now, I understand that although I was deleting that email address contact in Constant Contact, it is still existing in Constant Contact's system...I just don't see it on my end. So I used a different email address, everything works perfectly, except... I still want to resolve the following issues. Issues: >Direct login credentials or support for integration for the HostGator package >AutoResponder functionality (can it be added to my package or can I upgrade?) >Ability to add Account Users (can it be added to my package or I upgrade?) Kind regards, Theresa Steele

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Upgrade HostGator/Constant Contact package

Hello @TheresaS690,

Thank you for reaching out to us today!

The best solution to your current issue is fairly simple; however, you would need to discontinue the Constant Contact service through HostGator and start a Constant Contact account directly through constantcontact.com. Unfortunately, with the kind of account that you currently have does not allow for full functionality with integrations because it is being accessed through a third party. We would be happy to help you set up a new account, just give us a call.

I hope this helps clear thing up! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

I appreciate your response. However, this is very inconvenient.
Is it possible to work with HostGator to allow current customers to upgrade?
Or is there a seamless migration, so I won't have to recreate campaigns?
It seems like it would be a benefit to all if that were possible. It could increase revenues for both Constant Contact and HostGator if upgrading were possible. Otherwise, it doesn't seem like this was thought out very well and makes me question whether I want to use Constant Contact services at all.
Thank you,
Theresa
CTCT Employee

@TheresaS690,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. The way our partnership with HostGator is set up does not allow for upgrades because it is one type of account. As far as a type of seamless migration, we do offer paid services that allow your information to be moved from one account to another. The team who handles that works on a case by case basis and may be able to switch your content over if you open a new account directly through us. Again, I want to apologize for the inconvenience. Our partnerships with HostGator and other companies are meant to be simpler than our other accounts. I have let our developers know that a change in these types of accounts is being requested.

Sarah_K
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!