cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload an ics file

LSN

Upload an ics file

Is there a way to upload an ics file? I'd like our readers to be able to click on a button entitled "Save the Date", which would then download an ics file for them to add to their calendar.  I have not been able to determine how to do this. Is it possible? (I do not want to create an event. This would just be in an e-mail).

Thanks, Stephanie

19 REPLIES 19
CTCT Employee

Re: Upload an ics file

Hi @LSN

Thanks for bringing your question to the community! At this time, our library only allows images and documents to be uploaded. Other customers have requested the ability to add Calendar links to their emails, so I've opened up a support case and tracked your interest. If we receive enough traction on this request, our engineers will look into implementing this feature and you will receive a notification. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please let us know!

Nate M. 
Community Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Occasional Participant

I agree! We need to be able to let people download an .ics file for calendar notices/reminders.

Thank you for your attention here.

Hi @3DEXCITEMarketingUS

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback! I can definitely understand how helpful having this feature would be and apologize it is not currently available. I have tracked this request in your account and submitted it over to our engineers in the meantime. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I would also love to be able to upload an ics file! Please do get the engineers to work on this. Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @CasaLatina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize for the delay. Your feedback has been submitted to our Engineers for review. If you have any other requests or ideas that could potentially be of use for our system, feel free to pass them along and we will make sure to track them. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with today. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Participant

But it shows up in the tutorial. How does it not work then?

CTCT Employee

Hello @EpicIS,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  We saw your other post on the matter, but I wanted to make sure we replied to you here as well.  We have updated the process for the RSVP block and the add to calendar link will no longer appear on the Thank You page.  Contacts will need to manually add the time and date to their own calendars when using an RSVP block.  We are absolutely collecting feedback and I will be glad to pass this along to the appropriate teams for review.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

I just got off the phone with customer support that said I can create my own ICS file. 

So which is it?

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @EpicIS,

Thanks for getting back to us.  I apologize for any confusion.  You would have to create and host the .ics file outside of Constant Contact.  You could then create a link to the location of the hosted file's URL and place that link in the body of the email.

Briody_W

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.