cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Upload an ics file

Visitor

Re: Upload an ics file

Seriously? This should not be just a consideration. This is a must. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @NexFirm,

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you, and we completely understand why you would want this. I would be more than happy to submit your feedback to our engineers for review. Thank you for letting us know and I hope you have a wonderful day. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Since there is no way to upload an ics file is there a way to use the ics file html in constant contact to use ?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @luciah1

It's great to see you in the Community! I'm glad you asked this question as I'm sure other customers have this question too! 

The work-around would be that you could host the .ics file on the internet externally from Constant Contact and then you would simply use the public link for the file and you could link any text, pictures or buttons in your email campaings to the .ics file that way. 

Hope this helps!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thanks. 

I feel like this has been an issue for several years now.  I saw another post asking about calendar appointments dating back to 2012. 

The real work around is probably to use a different service for this kind of email.

Thank you.

~lucia

CTCT Employee

Hi @luciah1

You are welcome! I appreciate that you have come to the Community to provide your feedback. Please continue to reach out to us with suggestions on how we can improve our products. We will always track your feedback and provide it to the appropriate teams for review. 

Thanks again!

Alex S.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Hi

I'd like to chime in. I see the dates on this thread as 2018. Today Sept 16 2019 I'm trying to find a solution to the same problem. It does not appear this issue has been implemented? 

This means I am unable to provide a link to an ical event to the workshop I'm promoting for $400/person. What's the hold up?

Hi @KenE14 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback on this feature. You are correct, this feature is not available. I apologize for any inconvenience caused from not having this feature. I can however see you add links to events hosted on Eventbrite. Though ICS functionality is not available through Constant Contact directly, it is functionality you can add to your Eventbrite registration flow. Have you tried our EventBrite action block? Through this block users can click the "Register" button to go to EventBrite's site, and click the "Add to Calendar" option there. You can also continue to create an ICS link outside of our system and including this link in your emails as you do with the ICS link for Gmail.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Frequent Visitor

Yeah I don't get why we can't do this.  Seems like other email systems do let you link a calendar file in your email so recipients can save the date to their calendar.  This definitely seems like a no-brainer function and should definitely be implemented.  It's sad that there has been so much chatter on this and yet no action taken by CSCT to implement this.  I'm guess that, for all the time spent answering these inquiries, they could have actually implemented the feature...  😕

Hi @KennethG763 

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this feature as well! Though the ability to upload an ICS file is not an available feature, both our Event Campaigns and RSVP Action Blocks offer your contacts the option to add it to their calendar. Have you tried either of these options as a workaround? Or even the workaround shared in this thread of create an calendar entry as an ICS file as a link in your email?

I apologize we do not have a timeline for when the option to upload a file like this directly into your library will be available. There are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product. Us tracking feedback like this allows us to alert our engineers that users like yourself is looking for this as well.

Frankie.P