cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Upload .txt files is broken

Occasional Participant

Upload .txt files is broken

We've uploaded contacts via .txt files generated by MS Notepad for years. Suddenly, they no longer upload and we get a file type compatibility error. Please fix -- total pain to load them into Excel then export again.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Upload .txt files is broken

Hi @SteveP245,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  Sorry you are having issues uploading a .txt file.  I know it's important to be able to quickly upload your contacts.  This is currently a recent known issue that is being worked on by our developers. As you discovered, the workaround is to save it as an Excel file.  That can quickly be done using the following steps:

- Open Excel
- Click File > Open
- Select  the text file
- Chose Delimited and click Next
- Chose Tab and click Finish
This should bring over the contacts from the text file to the Excel file, which can then be uploaded.

I will add you to that known issue so you can be notified when it is fixed.  If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.