cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using content of State field or a custom field to select contacts to add to an email list

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Using content of State field or a custom field to select contacts to add to an email list

In the past I was able to use the content of the State field or one of the custom fields to select contacts to be added to a specific email list. Is this still possible  to do? If so how? If not do you have a suggestion as to how I can accomplish what I want to do?

Thanks

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Visitor

Re: Using content of State field or a custom field to select contacts to add to an email list

Never mind, it looks like you now have to use tags instead of the content of fields.

Re: Using content of State field or a custom field to select contacts to add to an email list

Hi MikeClemens 

I'm glad to see you discovered tags. I wanted to clarify that you can still use custom fields in your contact information. This is a good way to record extra fields of information that you would collect for all contacts, like birthday. Tags are a new feature we offer. A good way to think about these is a "label" or "subcategory". You would want to tag contacts that you would like to internally keep track of. For example, you might tag contact who are considered VIP customers. This way you could send them a special deal later in the year. 

Hope this helps, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!