Video Thumbnails

KristiM5
Rookie
0 Votes

I created a custom video thumbnail for my You Tube video and when I insert my video into CC, it will not recognize the thumbnail I created. Does anyone have a work around?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ElizabethO7 ,

If the video site's API is unable to provide the thumbnail desired, or if there's an issue with importing the particular video link, then the best workaround would be to generate your own thumbnail image to link the video to. This is how you'd get to "upload a custom video thumbnail."

There's 3rd party sites and other programs that can be utilized to also add a play button overlay on your image, prior to uploading and inserting into your email.

34 REPLIES 34
LATreasury
Rookie

PLEASE fix this problem. It is incredibly frustrating. The workarounds do not work. 

KristinaP68
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there,

I am experiencing this issue. I am trying to upload multiple videos into one email blast. I thought I fixed this using the workaround of manually uploading a screenshot on Vimeo. But when I did the same for the two other videos I need to include in the email blast, I get the raindow striped thumbnail. Can I not uplaod multiple videos in one email blast?

KristinaP68
Rookie
0 Votes

Actually it is now working for two of my videos, but one video still has the rainbow thumbnail.

Mary_S
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @KristinaP68 , You should be able to put in multiple videos without issue. I am sorry that you're getting the rainbow thumbnail.

I did pop into your account and was able to get a  couple of different Vimeo thumbnails to show. Check the most recent draft that starts with the word "VIDEO".  (You can decide which one you prefer and delete the other. )

How I got the thumbnail to work was by going to the video on Vimeo clicking the paper plane icon to get the share link. Then I grabbed the URL out of the embed code section. And that gave me an image thumbnail rather than the rainbow.

Mary S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Dntaylor
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi there, the video upload won't work in both Vimeo and YouTube. Is there an option to upload a video file instead?

Orbis_Ministries
Rookie
0 Votes

Using this method did NOT work as described, but rather only instead resulted in the multicolor bar thumbnail.

SheldonL123
Rookie
0 Votes

Mary - can you please help me with mine.  I have been trying to embed my video into an email for several hours.  I am so frustrated with this.  Please reach out as soon as possible.  Thanks.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @SheldonL123. If you need live assistance, please contact our Support team who can assist you with inserting a video into your email. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ElizabethO7
Rookie
0 Votes

I've been having this same issue - It's April 2023. I believe the integration does doesn't work, and CC won't allow you to upload a custom thumbnail regardless. Really frusterating!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ElizabethO7 ,

If the video site's API is unable to provide the thumbnail desired, or if there's an issue with importing the particular video link, then the best workaround would be to generate your own thumbnail image to link the video to. This is how you'd get to "upload a custom video thumbnail."

There's 3rd party sites and other programs that can be utilized to also add a play button overlay on your image, prior to uploading and inserting into your email.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST