cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanting to send email but EXCLUDE a certain tag group

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Wanting to send email but EXCLUDE a certain tag group

I have 16k on our mailing list. Many are on multiple lists.

We are wanting to send an email out to those who gave to a certain fundraiser last year. I've given them an unique tag. But we are also wanting to send an email out to everyone NOT tagged with that tag.

When adding all my lists, I am able to make sure all with a certain tag are targeted. I would like to do the same but choose all not tagged so those on multiple lists don't receive both.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Contributor

Re: Wanting to send email to those NOT on a certain tag group

Re: Wanting to send email but EXCLUDE a certain tag group

Hi @GraceworksM 

I apologize you are not seeing the option to exclude a tagged group of contacts when scheduling your email. I also would like to point out, the Help Center article you have included is focused on the Newsletter Email templates in our Third Generation Editor. The steps listed there would not work in your most recent campaigns. I have taken a look at your account and can see they are Legacy Newsletter Emails in our older Second Generation Editor. The option texclude your tagged contacts from receiving your email, is only available in our Third Generation Editor. As a workaround for a Legacy Newsletter Email we suggest sending your campaign to a copied list with these tagged contacts not included in it.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.