cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways a contact was unsubscribed?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Ways a contact was unsubscribed?

I have contacts who tell me they never unsubscribed from my companies' emails but they are not getting the emails. When I went into their contact profile, it very clearly says that they unsubscribed on a date and time. If there another way a contact can become unsubscribed without doing it themselves? Thank you! 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Ways a contact was unsubscribed?

Hello @MargaretR51,

Thank you for bringing this question up with the community!  There are really only two ways that a contact can end up in your unsubscribed list.  Either someone manually unsubscribes them from within your constant contact account, or someone click the link at the bottom of every email sent to that person through your account.

That second option is what can cause problems from the customer's side.  If a recipient uses their email client to forward your campaigns on to other people, it's possible that one of those secondary recipients received the email, and decided to 'unsubscribe' since they didn't want it.  If you look through the engagement reporting for a contact, and see that they opened the same email a large number of times, then it's likely they were forwarding that email on to others.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

Yes, thank you for all of your help! 

CTCT Employee

HI @MargaretR51,

You are very welcome! Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!