cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weeding out firewall misclicks

Highlighted
Occasional Organizer

Weeding out firewall misclicks

I'm running into an issue where the CTR is actually misleading due to misclicks and spam verifications by firewalls.  If I send a campaign at 1:02 pm to 5000 people, more than 100 click-thrus will show up for 1:02 pm.  As well, the same people are the ones showing as click-thru.  I've run my campaigns at midnight and 2 am with the same results. 

This skewing is rather frustrating since I now cannot report with confidence how well my campaigns are doing.

What filters are available to remove the firewall misclicks from my results?

Thanks.

Rochelle P

1 REPLY 1

Re: Weeding out firewall misclicks

Hello @RochellePaulet. Thank you for reaching out to us with your question. I'm sorry that your reporting is being affected by this and I understand how important accurate reporting is to you. At this time, there is not much we can do in regards to firewalls and security programs clicking on links. I spoke with an upper level of support and unfortunately, it is up to your contact's security program to select what links they are clicking on and how soon after receiving the email they click on them. It's possible that whitelisting Constant Contact in their security program might help but it is not guaranteed. This might be worth mentioning to a group of contacts who have the same domain, such as a business domain. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.