cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome Email or Auto Responder Not Working

Visitor

Welcome Email or Auto Responder Not Working

Hey Everyone!

I just started with constant contact and i'm excited to get things going but I've already ran into problems. I made an email list titled 'FueledLeads Members' and then I made a welcome email campaign titled 'FueledLeads Full Members' which is set to automatically email any new members added to the list. So i added some members to the list manually and waited but no emails came through. Then I had a look on the forums and found that this may be due to it being me manually adding the email addresses rather than them coming from a sign up form (Is this true?) so I went on to do the following:

I made a new list titled 'FueledLeads Full' and an autoresponder series titled 'FueledLeads Full'  and linked them up again but i had the same problem, the automatic email would not send when i manually added a new contact. This is a huge problem for my business as we need our members to automatically get an email from us once they sign up. (They are automatically added to the Constant Contact list through a third party app called Paid Members if this helps)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
CTCT Employee

Re: Welcome Email or Auto Responder Not Working

Hi @DanielCooper!

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community.  I’d be happy to assist you today.

So sorry you were having issues with the Autoresponder.  I checked your account and it appears the Autoresponders have now been sending correctly.   Here is a helpful link that explains the Automated Email types and their functions.

One thing I do want to mention, the Welcome email won't send if an Autoresponder series is set to send to the same list as the Welcome Email.   That is intended to prevent a new contact from receiving duplicate emails.

If you have any further issues or questions please feel free to reach out to us. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Donna_P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Hi @donna_p

I appreciate the quick reply! However, I'm still not seeing the emails send out when new people are added to the list?

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @DanielCooper,

I am sorry you are still having issues! I did go ahead and add myself to your 'FueledLeads Full' list and receive your email. We would like to offer assistance if you still feel the series is not working properly. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with what address you added that was not queued to be sent, which of the 2 autoresponders in your account you added the address to, and how you added the address to the account. Thank you!

Sarah_K

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Thank you for explaining why the Welcome Email doesn't work. I was getting the same issues. This helped:

"One thing I do want to mention, the Welcome email won't send if an Autoresponder series is set to send to the same list as the Welcome Email.   That is intended to prevent a new contact from receiving duplicate emails."

I'd like to recommend that there be some functionality added to the autoresponder and welcome email setup process to let people know why it doesn't work when the two are set up together. Or, remove the rule altogether. I was attempting to set up a welcome email and then 1 week after the welcome email was sent, to send a followup. The welcome email didn't work because of the rule, and I was getting frustrated -- not understanding what the issue was. An error message or communication would be helpful for the user experience at this point. I decided to de-activate the welcome email and create another autoresponder email that would act as the welcome email. That worked, but lead me to believe that something was broken with the Welcome Email function.

All is well now, but I'd highly recommend better explanation that isn't in a knowledgebase, but instead within the pages where the user is setting up the autoresponder. 

thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hello @KimberlyS3262,

We completely understand why you would like both email campaigns to send to a specific listIf a contact is already receiving emails from an Autoresponder Series, no Welcome Emails are sent out, even if the list is assigned a specific Welcome Email. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and I would be more than happy to track your feedback on this subject. 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Thank you! Please forward along my recommendation to add functionality to the autoresponder and welcome email setup process to let people know why it doesn't work when the user tries to set them both up at the same time, in maybe an error message format. Or, remove the rule altogether. 

Hi @KimberlyS3262

You're very welcome! Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in the meantime.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.