Highlighted
Visitor

What does awaiting confirmation mean?

What does awaiting confirmation mean?
25 REPLIES
Occasional Participant

Resending the confirmation email

Hi everyone.

I just started using the confirmed opt-in feature. A friend of mine told me he did not receive the confirmation email (and says it's not in his junk folder).

Is there a way to resend it? If not, what's the best way to deal with this? I know that even if people get them, they will invariably not be able to find them.

Thanks.  Tom

Honored Contributor

Tom, What happens if he signs up again? Does it let him or does it reject him saying his sign up is pending or something? I've never done any testing in this area. I'm not sure if the opt-in circuit has a time out. Regards, Tony

Occasional Participant

Thanks for your suggestion Tony. That's a good idea. I may call the support line and see what they say. It seems to me this problem will surface quite a bit. Tom

Honored Contributor

Tom, Many don't see that side of it because they don't use OPT-IN. If that's not used perhaps this user becomes of the many of emails that don't get opened that we're always worrying about. Its is a popular domain the user is on? Regards, Tony

Honored Contributor

Wish I could edit my posts. :-(

Awaiting Confirmation

I am not sure what the Awaiting Confirmation button is for....I don't want my account to get terminated. Do your contacts have to click on this before you send the email to them??? Just curious
Valued Contributor

Awaiting Confirmation

No confirmation is needed unless you are using double opt in option.

Re: What does awaiting confirmation mean?

Updated: October 2017

Great question!

When you enable confirmed opt-in for your account we use this status to let you know who hasn't responded yet. Confirmed Opt-in (a.k.a. double opt-in) is the strictest way to obtain permission to send email campaigns. It requires a contact to respond to an email confirmation in order to be added to your list. If the contact doesn't respond, he or she won't receive any further campaigns from you and will be listed as awaiting confirmation.

Unfortunately, you can't email these people, move them, or export them from the account unless they confirm their interest.  Check out this FAQ for more information.  

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

Re: What does awaiting confirmation mean?

Why are the people who responded to a link on our website to get our enews awaiting confirmation?  I didn't add them; they have asked to to added to the list.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!