cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does awaiting confirmation mean?

SOLVED

Re: What does awaiting confirmation mean?

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you have Awaiting Confirmation turned on. When these users sign up to join your list they recieve a Confirmed Opt In email. If they don't click the link to confirm their interest in that email they would be stuck as "Awaiting Confirmation" in your account. Check out this FAQ for more! 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

How to you resend the Confirmation email?

CTCT Employee

Hi Frank.

Unfortunaterly the Confirmed Opt in Email cannot be resent. They will need to click on the link in the original email that went out in order to opt in. Check out this FAQ for more information on how Confirmed Opt In and resending works.

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Contacts - Awaiting Confirmation?

I have 34 emails there... what is this telling me? Do I need to do something to make them active? Please advise, thank you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Contacts - Awaiting Confirmation?

Hi @TarynF5 

Thanks so much for posting. I'm happy to answer your question for you.

Contacts that are in the Awaiting Confirmation category are contacts that you had sent a confirmed opt-in mailing to that did not click the link to be on your mailing list.

The only way that they can be put on your list is to click that link that was in that initial email, or you can contact them via phone or directly in person and ask them to click that link or to sign-up via our Join MyMailing List link that we have in your account.

I apologize for any inconvenience. But since they never confirmed you will not be able to email them from within Constant Contact or outside Constant Contact.

Check out the FAQ below for more information:

Can I resend a confirmation email to a contact who has not responded?

Hope this helps!

Awaiting Confirmation

I have 2045 contacts that are "Awaiting Confirmation" some of which signed up with our website form so I believe they really intended to sign up. How can I remind them to confirm their request to be on our newsletter list? Thanks.
Tags (1)

Re: Awaiting Confirmation

Hi @CarltonG3 

Great question. Unfortunately you cannot resend to the contacts who are on awaiting confirmation from your account. Instead we recommend contacting these people via phone to ask them to re-sign up. You can get your Join My Mailing list link right in your account if you do not have it on your website or Facebook page already.  

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Honored Contributor

Re: Awaiting Confirmation

Can you image calling 2000 people?    Really?

All Star

Awaiting confirmation

Is there any way to 'tickle' contacts from which I am awaiting confirmation?

Re: Awaiting confirmation

HI @HVLMedia

You cannot use Constant Contact, or any other email delivery tool, to send another email to those who have not responded to your confirmation email.

If you attempt to email to any address that has not responded to your confirmation email, your Constant Contact account will be terminated.

However, you may contact people in the Awaiting Confirmation category either by telephone or direct mail to ask them to resign up for your list. 

Hannah M.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!