cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to your email contact?

Occasional Contributor

What happened to your email contact?

I spent a lot of wasted time re-putting in links for my newsletter because I copy from the previous month. Every month I have to check it because many links do not carry over to the following month. Is there a way to fix that?
5 REPLIES 5

Re: What happened to your email contact?

Hello @DebeeB. I'm sorry that you are experiencing these issues when you are creating your email. Have you been making copies of previous campaigns for a while now? What we see happen is that when an email is copied over and over, some customers start to have trouble with formatting or even losing links, like what you are having. Think of it as a cassette tape that has been recorded over so many times. It won't sound the same after a few re-recordings. What we can suggest is creating a brand new template and saving it to a folder so you can make copies of the original and far lessen the chance of these issues happening again. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

If you're saying I need to start a new newsletter every time - why then have the feature of copying the previous newsletter?  I wouldn't think of this function as a cassette tape - technology has come a long ways since then!  Not buying your solution.  This is a time waster for me as I have to check EVERY link.  

Hello @DebeeB,

I'm sorry for any confusion. You do not have to make a new template every time you go to make an email. Per what @Caitlin_M was saying, it sounds like the template you have been using has been copied a few times too many and it's causing issues such as the links not carrying over. We recommend starting fresh with a new template and designating it as a Master Template. Then, when you go to make your next email you will copy from the Master Template. The next email after that you will copy from the Master Template as well. We encourage this approach over copying from the previously sent email because after several copies over a period of time it starts to mess with the HTML coding of the next template. 

Another suggestion is to go further back in your sent campaigns and find an older campaign to copy from. After copying if you see that the links have carried over then you can use that template as your new "Master Template" going forward. The links should definitely be carrying over.

If that still doesn't work I encourage you to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the campaign you are working on, and a reference to this post and we can look into it further for you.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

I'll try out the suggestions when I do my next newsletter at the end of this month.

Hi @DebeeB. Excellent. Please let us know if you need any further assistance when the time comes!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support