cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What size should I make a background image?

Occasional Visitor

Re: What size should I make a background image?

I am experiencing this same issue. The patterns and current background are not enough anymore, it seems plain. But every time I find a background I like, it is very difficult to get it to fit properly. The tiled feature is more hurt than help, I wish there was more customization within the program, especially here. There should be some simple settings that allow to choose whether it is a tiled background, or if the image should stretch and so on.

Hello @ChristinaB47. I can certainly understand how you would want the background pattern to display properly in your campaign. We are collecting feedback to see how else we can improve our third-generation editor when it comes to background images and being able to control how a background image tiles. This article from our Help Center has some more information about inserting a background image with a seamless tile that you might find helpful.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Great info! I set my sole image (ocean view with sun shining) to 800 wide by 2250 height and it was perfect!

Chuck

Hi @charlesb4067 

Thank you for giving us this update! We are happy to hear this sizing has helped. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with in the meantime.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

If you use desktop backgrounds it doesn't leave the line down the middle and fills the entire page. Hope this helps, it really helped me!

Tags (2)

This did not work for me it still auto-tiled  

What are you using?

Thank you!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @CaliforniaC,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! At this time we do not have a way to stop an image from tiling. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but I would be more than happy to track your feedback so you can be notified with any updates. 

Zoe_H

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I have found that if I format the image to 1920 x 2160 (add more here if your email is longer) pixels, I am able to have the background flow without creating the line/ tile look.

Hope this helps.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @ForrestB36,

Thank you for that feedback! Making your image larger can potentially help with making your background image look how you want it. Take a look at our article on determining your image file size and dimensions before you upload your pictures to help with this process. 

Have a wonderful day! 

Zoe_H

Occasional Visitor

So almost two after the first message no update yet ?

The competition does it... 

constant.PNG

I guess is fine because :

Hi @MyName

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this! Background images are currently set tile as to not distort it. If your newsletter is large in length, a single background image could stretch or become very distorted. I apologize we don’t have a time estimate of when a feature to better control your background image will be available. It is however something we’re tracking feedback on and submitting to our engineers.

Someone from ConstantContactStaff

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Tags (2)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!