cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

What size should I make a background image?

Occasional Visitor

Re: What size should I make a background image?

So almost two after the first message no update yet ?

The competition does it... 

constant.PNG

I guess is fine because :

Hi @MyName

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about this! Background images are currently set tile as to not distort it. If your newsletter is large in length, a single background image could stretch or become very distorted. I apologize we don’t have a time estimate of when a feature to better control your background image will be available. It is however something we’re tracking feedback on and submitting to our engineers.

Someone from ConstantContactStaff
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: What size should I make a background image?

Hello @MatthieuC5,

Thank you for your feedback on this. The reason that the background is set to tile is because every one of your subscribers will view your email on a different sized monitor or device. If the image didn't tile, it would instead stretch to fit their screen, and wouldn't give you the desired effect. Our developers are looking into a solution for this and I'm more than happy to let them know that you would also like this feature. In the meantime, we have resources for backgrounds that will tile seamlessly or you can use one of the ones already built into our tool, to ensure that your email looks just the way you want it to. 

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

To Amber's Response of Different Viewports

Amber, 

We have entirely **responsive** websites. Responsivity is an expectation in 2019. This issue is so antiquated that it's making Constant Contact look foolish and I'm close to pulling my clients off of it and moving them over to MailChimp, who is updating their platform. 

In fact, each and every serious request that I've put in over the past 4 years has never been worked on, nor have I gotten a response on them. They're things more important than this tiling issue. However seeing that this ask has been around for this many years, and that this many people have been requesting the "feature" (if you can even call it that at this point... we're literally asking for our background not to look like bad 1995 clip art) it's becoming clear to me that Constant Contact isn't really trying to innovate. This is laughable for "innovation". Sorry for being so frustrated about this but it's just so thoughtless and inconceivable that CC would deliver a robust, wonderful software, then miss the boat entirely on something as easy to fix as A BACKGROUND????????

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: To Amber's Response of Different Viewports

Hello @TiffanyB541,

Thank you for your feedback on this. We do completely understand how important it is for your emails to  look perfect. At the moment we need the images to tile so the background image you choose doesn't stretch to fit your screen and look unprofessional. We do apologize that we haven't found a solution yet but you will be notified when we do! We appreciate all the feedback we receive and it is all submitted to our engineering team. Thank you! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.