cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the email archive located on the new site?

All Star

17 REPLIES 17
Honored Contributor

Re: Where is the email archive located on the new site?

Its not.

CTCT Employee

Hello @MitchMenchaca and @Clique_Marketing,

We do not have an archive page anymore on the new user experience. Instead, we have the option for grabbing a short URL for each of your email campaigns. You can find the URL under the “Actions” drop down menu on the right hand side of any sent email. Once you click on the option for “Short URL,” you can copy that link and paste into your website or anywhere else you would like to share it.

This has been a customer request; we do have something coming out soon to replace email archive. We will let you know when it is available in the new user experience!

Brittany W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

Thank you for your response, Brittany_W.

How would I go about updating this page then?

http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs080/1102455565967/archive/1102974751792.html

Our paying members rely on this archive (which is linked on our website homepage) to read past issues of our newsletters.

It is not acceptable that we will no longer be able to keep this archive up to date.

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @MitchMenchaca,

Unfortunately, we do not have a way of editing the old archive homepage any longer. It has been fully retired from our new user experience for the time being. As @Brittany_W stated above we have received many requests for the archive function to come back and we do have something coming soon. Also you can use the short URL's that we provide to you for every e-mail to create something like this directly on your website.

I hope this helps.

Ali W

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

With all due respect, we are a small nonprofit and a 2 person office. We do not have the staff or finances to devote to the additional website maintenance that would be required to re-create the archive page that your company has done away with.

Please take into consideration that your customers come in all sizes and have unique needs.

Thank you both for your responses.

Honored Contributor

That's a extremely nice way of saying you screwed them without asking for input.

Regular Visitor

Brittany,

Can you please give us an idea of the timeframe for this feature?  

Thanks,

Sheri

Administrator

Hello @TammyR957. The new embeddable archive is now live in your account! This new widget will display up to 50 archived emails on your website. I'm including a few links below with more information about our new archive feature.

Add the Embeddable Archive Widget to a Website

Add or Remove an Email from Embeddable Archive

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Well this stinks.

I just spent the last several hours copying the URLs of several years worth of newsletters so that I could build a new archive.

Everything before was much more intuitive and automated, now it's do it yourself or do without.

And since the links I copied into my own archive direct to a Constant Contact archive list, there's no certainty that that's not going away as well.

Whose bright idea was this? It sucks for the user.