cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Constant Contact is Chargin me so much?

Occasional Visitor

Why Constant Contact is Chargin me so much?

Hello, I made a trial acount, and it show me my list was only of 9700 Users, I delete the users that does not respond and last Thursday Constant contact charge me 395 USd for a 50,000 user list, when I really had only 9700, they should charge me only 100 USD. I ask why, no one answer me and well today I have 395 USD in charges. By the way I try to cancel the acount and was impossible. And I pay before for the test acount, so my month was paid and now they charge me again with no warning and whit out justification. I going to post this on Constant Contact review, may be after some hundrds bad reviews they decide to answer me. Also i going to see how my lawyer get my money back.
Tags (3)
11 REPLIES 11

Your billing

I was very disappointed that after I spent all night drafting my "campaign" and then wanted to send it and was advised that I could only send it to 10 people or I had to buy your service right then. That's very backhanded business. I am not happy at all. You advertise 60 free days to try your service that is not what you give. That's false advertising.
Tags (2)

Disable auto-renew

We were charged without warning, this reflects pretty poorly on your billing practices. I would like to disable our account. I do not use it at all. I would appreciate if you can refund the money. I ran only one campaign two weeks back.

Re: Disable auto-renew

Hi @JitenderS29 

I am sorry to hear you want to cancel your account. Thank you for your feedback about the billing process. At this time it is a monthly reoccuring fee that you agree to when you sign up. 

Our billing team will be happy to help with the cancellation via phone. Unfortunately the account can only be closed over the phone by the billing team. Here is their contact information for you. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

I was paying 450 Dlls a month

and last month you made a charge to me of 600. I would like to understand Thank you
Tags (1)

Re: I was paying 450 Dlls a month

HI Pablo,

I took a look in your account and see that you were billed $45 for 0-500 contacts but in the last billing cycle you went over 500 contacts. Since this increase occurred you also saw an increase in pricing so you are now being billed for 501-2500 contacts which is $60 a month. 

Hannah M.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Occasional Visitor

I have 9700 USers and you charge me for 50,000 why?

Hello, Ionly have 9700 Users and you charge me 5 times. Why? I have been calling you since Thrusday, Do I have to make a legal case againts you?

Re: I have 9700 USers and you charge me for 50,000 why?

Thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of your frustration.

Our billing team is available Monday-Friday 7am-11pm EST. They are available via phone for help.

When you signed up for the account you do get a free trial if you want where you do not put a credit card in. Once you have added your credit card to the account it is considered a live account and will be billed as such. I am sorry for the confusion. Since you are out of the country I did forward one of your emails to the billing team for them to follow up.

Thanks,

Hannah M.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Basic Plan - $20/mth vs $35/mth

Via your public site it states $20/mth for the basic plan but as soon as I attempt to enroll it says $35/mth. What is the story?
Advisor

Re: Basic Plan - $20/mth vs $35/mth

Hi,

Thank you for your post. The pricing is based on how many email addresses you have within your account. The pricing that is displayed on the website reflects the lowest possible tier, then when you log into your account the pricing will adjust automatically to the number of contacts stored in your account.

For more detailed billing information please feel free to contact our billing department at 855-229-5506.

Ken

KenG
Social Support Intern