cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Why I am planning to leave Constant Contact after many years

Occasional Participant

Why I am planning to leave Constant Contact after many years

Hello,  I have been a customer for many years. Today I needed to send out an e-mail to my contacts... I wasted five hours trying to format an appropriate message. I sent test e-mail after test e-mail. The changes in the formatting process since the last time I used CC were frustrating. The limits of the drag and drop element process were frustrating and wasted tons of time. All I wanted to send was a normal looking e-mail with a full width picture at the top (responsive full width) and an image of my signature at the bottom left where a signature would normally appear. This was not possible. The result is that I missed a marketing opportunity and could not, as was possible in the past, reach anyone on a weekend. Instead, I found you are not even there all day Friday.  Frustratedly yours, JT

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why I am planning to leave Constant Contact after many years

Hi @JonathanT67

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I can completely understand how valuable your time is, and apologize for the experience you've had with your email. While we do not have phone support available on weekends, we do have limited support available here in the Community. However our offices are open 8am - 9pm ET on Fridays. In fact, here is a link to the best hours and numbers to reach our support. With that being said I would be happy to help with this email you were creating. An image in your email can be resized to full width by the drag handle in the bottom right-hand corner of the image.

3ge-banner-image-resize-drag-handle.png

Dragging these arrows down and out will make the image larger in size.

Then for you signature, this image would have to be placed in an image block by itself. Once you have this image placed in your email it can then be left aligned. If you click on this image its formatting table will pop-up. In this formatting table is where the alignment options for your image can be found.

2018-03-27_13-18-04.png

I also do want to share this article we have to help with moving from the Second-Generation Editor to the Third-Generation Editor. This article goes over some of the feature similarities and differences between the editor you were accustomed to and the new editor you're working in. I hope this helps!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Thanks for your response. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @JonathanT67,

You are very welcome. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Participant

Hi CTCT, The more I investigated the new editor, the more I found out that some of your new changes do not work for me.  It appears that with the new editor I can no longer see the html version of my message... and It also appears that I can no longer turn off tracking. This last point is one that is important to me. Please understand: My contacts have asked me to notify them about specific kinds of future events. I want to do that. I do not need or want to know if they respond or not. I do not want to track their actions. I am not interested in knowing, or having you know, whether or not they open my message. In fact, I think collecting data about my contacts is unethical (think Facebook). So, I am leaving. Thank you. Jonathan

Occasional Participant

Hi CTCT, The more I dug into things with the new editor, the more I found out that some of your new changes do not work for me.  It appears that with the new editor I can no longer see the html version of my message... and It also appears that I can no longer turn off tracking. This last point is one that is important to me. Please understand: My contacts have asked me to notify them about specific kinds of future events. I want to do that. I do not need or want to know if they respond or not. I do not want to track their actions. I am not interested in knowing, or having you know, whether or not they open my message. In fact, I think collecting data about my contacts is unethical (think Facebook). So, I am leaving. Thank you. Jonathan

CTCT Employee

Hi @JonathanT67,

Thank you for your response and feedback. I can definitely understand how beneficial the html version can be to use within the editing of the email campaigns. At this current time we do not have the ability to use html within the new editor, however I have tracked this feature request to your account and have notified our developers about it in the process. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you in not having this feature.

While I do understand your concern about collecting data from your contacts, I assure you that we take the privacy of contacts who subscribe to mailings very seriously. For more information on our Contact Privacy Policy, please click here. Let us know if you need assistance with anything else.

Lucas_D

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing