cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do Survey Report Percentages INCLUDE 'no response'?

Occasional Participant

Why do Survey Report Percentages INCLUDE 'no response'?

I noted this before in passing, but this time, it's an obvious problem in survey reporting.

The summary:

1) I have a survey that is running with multiple questions that are a 'choose 1 answer' question

2) None of the questions are 'required'

3) The survey has a HIGH response rate and about 70 to 75% are completing the survey in total

THE PROBLEM

When looking at survey results, the 'NO RESPONSES' are included in the 'percentage' of each answer meaning that the reported percentages are FLAWED when I look at them.

An example:

FlawedStats.JPG

For me to get a legitimate percentage of each actual answer, I need to recalculate MANUALLY to see the actual size of household of my actual question respondents.

If the reporting was truly effective, it should also include a column that says 'percentage of those who responded' or something like that... Yes, it's one more column, but it's one that seemingly, should be there.

1 REPLY 1
Honored Contributor

Re: Why do Survey Report Percentages INCLUDE 'no response'?

Hello @LeftTurnMarketing

Thank you for your feedback about this .  The 'no response' section is included under answers to show you the number (and percentage) of people who chose to skip that question when completing your survey.  Adding in a new column to the reporting to show the percentages without the no responses is a good suggestion.  Can you add that to the ideas area of the Community so that other users can vote on it?