cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Why do bounces still show?

Contributor

Why do bounces still show?

Why do campaigns still attempt to send to bounced email addresses that were already removed a while ago? By removing the bounced email addresses, we should not see those email addresses show up as "bounces"...

Screenshot attached. bounced emails screenshot.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Why do bounces still show?

Hello @NeilE53. I tried searching for a few of those email addresses that you had removed and I'm not able to find them. Therefore, I can't tell right away if they were still receiving emails. When you remove bounces, the addresses will still appear under the bounce report with a strike through them. However, they will be marked as unsubscribed and they should not receive future mailings. Are there contacts that you have removed that received an email from you? If so, please email these contacts to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a reference to this post.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Contributor

I don't know for sure that any removed email addresses received emails after being removed. The question only came to be when we still saw the removed email addresses under the bounce rate and [as a result] our bounce rate was higher than it should be. 

When someone thinks about removing an email address that is "recommended for removal", they think that the removed email address would disappear and not affect the bounce rate ever again.

CTCT Employee

Hi @NeilE53,

I'm sorry for any confusion with email addresses that you have removed from your account. You are correct in that an email address that has been deleted will not be available to send to. As Caitlin explained, these deleted email address will still display on the bounce report but with a strike through.

We'd be happy to further check into this for you. Please do send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com, and include your username, a reference to this post, and a screenshot of any previously removed email address that is still showing on a bounce report. We can also take a look at what may have caused the bounce rate to increase as well.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.