cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Memorial Day our Support office will be closed Monday, May 28th. We will re-open with normal hours on Tuesday, May 29th.

Why does font color change from white in preview to blue when sent

Why does font color change from white in preview to blue when sent

Question: I can I ensure that white text/font stay white when emailed and do not change to blue text/font?

I have an article block that has a blue background and white font. 

In constant contact edit mode and in preview mode the background appears blue and the font/text appears white.

When I send the email, the email I receive in my inbox shows that block with a blue background and some of the text changes from white to blue.  One is an email address the other is a physical address such as 9 Main St, Anywhere, USA.  

The result is the email address and the physical address are barely visible in the email that recipients receive in their inboxes.  

3 REPLIES

Re: Why does font color change from white in preview to blue when sent

Hello @bluespiano. Thanks for coming into the Community! I can certainly understand how you want to make sure that your text is readable for your contacts. The reason why the font color is changing is that based on how you are viewing the email, the email client is trying to create a link to a map for a physical address. This is especially common on mobile devices that usually have map applications installed. Unfortunately, we are not able to force the font to stay a readable color as it will change to a standard blue hyperlink if the email client has this map feature. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

this was not a helpful answer - show us how to change in the HTML coding please

Caitlin_M wrote:

Hello @bluespiano. Thanks for coming into the Community! I can certainly understand how you want to make sure that your text is readable for your contacts. The reason why the font color is changing is that based on how you are viewing the email, the email client is trying to create a link to a map for a physical address. This is especially common on mobile devices that usually have map applications installed. Unfortunately, we are not able to force the font to stay a readable color as it will change to a standard blue hyperlink if the email client has this map feature. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

CTCT Employee

Hello @KarenO12,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Constant Contact doesn't have materials for HTML education; however, a quick web search will bring up many results that help with learning HTML coding.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!