cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the final email look so different from the preview version?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Why does the final email look so different from the preview version?

I am using a responsive template and my emails look great on my phone in preview, but when the actual campaign is sent they look terrible! The print is so small I always have to enlarge the view to read it. See pics the preview emails and the actual emails below. And please don't tell me it is my email provider (as I was told when I called). I simply cannot understand how my email provider can display the preview email properly but not the actual email.

IMG_3737.PNGPreview email on my phoneIMG_3736.PNGEmail from campaign on my phoneIMG_3738.PNGPreview emailIMG_3739.PNGCampaign email

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Why does the final email look so different from the preview version?

Hello @DeborahR8. I'm so sorry that you are experiencing this issue with your mobile-responsive template. I sent a preview and a live send to my own email and saw the exact same thing that you did. After speaking with an upper level of support on this, they would like to do some further research as to why the template is not responding correctly after sending. I have submitted your case information to that team and they will be reaching out to you via the main contact email on your account within 3-4 business days. This allows them to do further testing and research as to the cause of your issue. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why does the final email look so different from the preview version?

Thanks for looking into this!