cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Why is it taking so long to load pages and why does the software crash constantly now?

Occasional Contributor

Why is it taking so long to load pages and why does the software crash constantly now?

Ok, I'm using Google Chrome (which CC advised me to do when I found that the software was taking too long and crashing out all the time in Explorer). Now it's happening again in Google Chrome! it was ok up until about a month ago. It's really frustrating and my work is taking much longer to complete. I keep having to hit escape or just close and re-open. 

The most annoying part of all of this is that I have tried calling CC for support (I'm in Australia) and can't get through and also the online chat support function isn't working and hasn't been for weeks now. And there's no way to contact CC directly via email. Way to not support your customers CC. PLEASE HELP!!!

3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Why is it taking so long to load pages and why does the software crash constantly now?

HI @SoniaL92

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for you not being able to get in contact with our Support. If you can not reach Support by phone we are available through Twitter, Facebook, Chat and here in the Community. If our chat support is unavailable to be reached, we suggest trying on a different browser. 

We haven’t had reports of this happening in your account and would be happy to troubleshoot this further with you. I just ask that you provide a few extra details. Are you receiving any error messages? Have you tried a private/incognito window in your browser? Do you have a security program or ad blocker running on your computer? If so, have there been any changes or updates to your computer’s security program? Is your Internet connection a home network, a work network, wireless or a wired connection? I would recommend doing a speed test on your browser as well. You can search various options for doing this by doing a quick internet search.

Please feel free to email us the answers to these questions and your speed test results to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post. 

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Re: Why is it taking so long to load pages and why does the software crash constantly now?

Hi Frankie,

I was advised by Constant Contact (CC) to use Google Chrome so that's what I use. I'm working via a work computer and have to go through an external IT division whenever there's a need to get something installed/uninstalled etc.I had them check out my internet speed and they said it was fine. It's a wired connection and I can search the internet easily and quickly.

Not sure about the private/incognito window or security updates?? 

I'm only having difficulties when I'm working within CC - it's either taking ages to process or just freezing when I go to do something like opening a campaign or sending a test email so that I have to shut down the tab and open a new one and in the process have to log-in again. This is happening every day, multiple times a day. It's driving me crazy! Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Sonia

CTCT Employee

Hello @SoniaL92. Thank you for providing us with that information! It's possible that a plugin or extension in your browser could be affecting your connectivity with Constant Contact. You mentioned that you use Chrome. Have you tried using Constant Contact in a different browser at all? This way, we'd be happy to determine if the issues you are experiencing are the result of a plugin or extension interfering with your connectivity. Also, were you able to try using a private or incognito window? Please let us know so we can continue to assist you!

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously