cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there no A/B split testing?

Solution Provider

Why is there no A/B split testing?

Why can't we do A/B split testing in our emails so we can test things like subject lines and offers?

offers this,  offers this...every other ESP offers this basic functionality. 

Many of us have been asking for this feature for over 10 years now, and all we hear is, "it's something we're looking at."

Please, stop looking and implement it. Honestly, I'm happy to bring over pizza and beers for your developers and I'm sure we can have a working beta version completed in an afternoon.

15 REPLIES 15
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is there no A/B split testing?

Those tools are much more manual and painful with this vendor. You can expect to have references to competition removed from your posts here.

P. S. . Changes take years here and they'd only mess up something like that anyway.

Hi @richflyte

You pose a good question that I do not have the answer to at the moment, but I am reaching out to our teams here to try and get more information for you. As soon as I receive a response I will post what I find out in a reply to this thread. To @Clique_Marketing's point, we do remove the names of other ESP companies from posts in the Community when we come across them. We try to respect our competitors and remove mentions of them (regardless of whether they are negative, positive, or neutral) as this Community is for the discussion and support of Constant Contact products and services. However, I do have a copy of your original, unedited post which I am sharing with our product teams so that they can see your post as you intended it to be seen. 

Natalie B.
Social Media Marketing Manager
CTCT Employee

Hi @richflyte

A/B Testing is a feature we continue to evaluate on our roadmap.  Our past research has indicated that multi-variate testing is too complex for our target customer.  However, subject line testing is a feature we'd like to offer to help our customers be more successful. The priority of new features like this is greatly influenced by our customers.  While we would love to work on every feature request, especially a cool one like A/B Testing, we only have the capacity to work on the most requested features.

I appreciate the feedback and encourage you and others to continue requesting this functionality.  Subject line testing is certainly a personal favorite of mine and I hope it generates enough customer demand to push it to the top of our list.  I’ll be happy to have you over for pizza and beers with the developers if you can help make that happen.

Paul S

Product Manager

Paul Spitzer
Product Manager
Solution Provider

Paul,

Thanks for your response. Without naming your competitors, they all seem to be offering those type of A/B split testing. I've even seen CTCT write on the importance of A/B split testing in the past.

While you have some beginners as customers, many of us are smarter than you give us credit for. Split testing on subject lines would be a good start, but as marketers we need these basic tools to evaluate our campaigns. 

Thanks. 

Tags (1)

I've been with Constant Contact for over 10 years.  I agree that it is ridiculous not to have automated A/B testing available. It is absolutely necessary.   This feature does not have to be complicated, nor does it need to be accessible to those that do not want to use it.  Please make it happen! If I have to, I will find another vendor because my time and effort is being wasted. 

Tags (1)

Hello @MichaelM6968. We appreciate you being a long-time customer with us here at Constant Contact. I do understand how this would be a useful feature for our customers, including yourself. We will continue to send over this feedback to our product team and hopefully, this can be a feature could be implemented into accounts in the future. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Honored Contributor

Michael,

Dont' hold your breath for this.  It was first asked for many many years ago.

Read the Product Managers response a few posts up.

You'll have to do it yourself if you want to continue to use this product.

Clique_Marketing - I'm not holding my breath, I'm moving on.

Solution Provider

Hi Paul,

I appreciate your comments but really, A/B testing has been suggested and requested for almost as long as I have been a customer and I started in 2004.  For those long-term customers who were here before August 2013 I appreciate the comments of the clients who have commented on the reduced functionality of CC in favor of a simple product suitable for the novice user.  You mentioned in your response the "target customer". I would really like to know the characteristics of the CC "target customer". Knowing the level of sophistication of the "target customer" will help me understand your constant dumbing down of the program. If I know that you are truly designing it for the novice user it will keep me from griping so much every time your team adds a "new and improved" feature that actually takes away functionality.

Please forgive the negative tone. I write because I care about CC and want it to do well. My organization uses it almost daily and even with all its flaws and reduced functionality it still offers enough robust features to continue its use.  BUT, the steady loss of features over the years in favor of simplification has made it a less sophisticated product that is causing more frustration, generating more calls to customer service, and taking longer to produce a campaign. 

I would be happy to join richflyte in bringing the pizza and beer to get things moving.

Thanks for listening

Dave Ross

CC user since 2004