cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Width of email

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Width of email

I'm finding that my emails are not filling up the page (side to side).  I don't see on the 'templates' where it shows the width of the final emailed product.  They are coming across so small that they're not legible.  I would like them to show up both in the 'preview pane' and once opened as much wider than they are.

111 REPLIES
Occasional Advisor

email template width

Can I make the email templates wider?
Solution Provider

email template width

Can you? Yes? Is this recommended? No. The templates are optimized to display the most information possible in an email client window. Most of these are limited in size to about 640px, so the templates have been designed accordingly to prevent the need to scroll side-to-side.

Occasional Advisor

email template width

How do I do this? The issue is that we have several long articles and the viewers will have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get through everything. We are concerned they will not make it through all that we have written. Here are three ideas/questions: 1. Is there a way to compress all the article blocks and people can uncompress an article block to read its contents? They can then recompress the block when finished to begin reading the next article. Ideally more than the heading would remain in the compressed state - maybe just the first paragraph as a teaser. 2. Can you have a link to a pop-up window that would present a .pdf file of the entire article? It would be nice if the pop-up was somehow contained with in the Constant Contact site so we are not just loading Adobe. The email can have a teaser first paragraph... followed by a link to open the .pdf. They could also easily print that one article. 3. Can you hyperlink to other pages within the email for the continuation of an article that is too long for the first page (similar to traditional multi-page newlettters)?

Occasional Advisor

email template width

How do I do this? The issue is that we have several long articles and the viewers will have to scroll and scroll and scroll to get through everything. We are concerned they will not make it through all that we have written. Here are three ideas/questions: 1. Is there a way to compress all the article blocks and people can uncompress an article block to read its contents? They can then recompress the block when finished to begin reading the next article. Ideally more than the heading would remain in the compressed state - maybe just the first paragraph as a teaser. 2. Can you have a link to a pop-up window that would present a .pdf file of the entire article? It would be nice if the pop-up was somehow contained with in the Constant Contact site so we are not just loading Adobe. The email can have a teaser first paragraph... followed by a link to open the .pdf. They could also easily print that one article. 3. Can you hyperlink to other pages within the email for the continuation of an article that is too long for the first page (similar to traditional multi-page newlettters)?

email template width

I've found you can expand the width while still allowing the document to be printed without losing any of the content side to side by changing the size of your logo or image at the top of your mailing. Requires a bit of trial and error, but you can gain some space without compromising the viewing on the email client or printed version.

Occasional Participant

Resizing images proportionally

When resizing images in an email, I often want to set a particular width and have the height auto adjust. 

I know it will do it in percentage terms, but I want to set a fixed number of pixels wide and have the height auto-resize.  Is that possible?   Or must I resort to the calculator?  (And math is NOT my strong suit! :-)

Thanks

Solution Provider

I highly suggest that you resize your images in a graphics editor and not do it using the system. Your results will be much better. I suggest the free graphics editor Gimp, which is as powerful as Photoshop with a much better price!

Occasional Participant

DadBlaze, many thanks for taking the trouble to answer. Your comment seems to end precipitately, though. Did you finish typing it or was it truncated in some way? However, based on the fact that there are times when I will want to use the resizing feature anyway, my question still stands. Can I set the width to be fixed, and have the height auto-resized?

Occasional Visitor

adjusting the box size of an article block

Hello to all!

I just upgraded to the newer version and I'm not as familiar with it.  Is there any way to customize the size of an article, table of contents or quick links block?  Other than the already predetermined sizes that the template forces you to use? 
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously