cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Width of email

SOLVED

What are the dimensions of the Header Image Block?

Thanks! I think there's an image that is stretching the template. I forgot to account for the padding.
Occasional Visitor

Image Width

I recently replaced a header image which was 799px wide.  (The instructions on the Add Image page said less that 800px.)  Then my messages all ran over the right margin. 

During a nice chat discussion with Stephanie T, I was told that it should be less than 600px, which solved the problem.

Bad instructions on the Add Image page.
Valued Contributor

Image Width

I agree that the instruction is confusing, but they are really referring to two different things. The upload image size does not have to be equal to the display size. Constant Contact is suggesting that the upload size be no larger than 800 pixels, you can still display the 800 pixel image in your email as 600 pixels wide. I would however suggest you always upload or use images that are exactly the same as the display size. Some browsers pixilate images when they adjust the display size.

How do I find the pixel size of each box so I can size my images???

thanks for any help.  I'm new...

thanks, jack hudkins
west coast albums
Honored Contributor

How do I find the pixel size of each box so I can size my images???

Jack, To make sure you should be able to look in the style sheet for the template you are using. You can find it by clicking on the Edit Style Sheet options from advanced features. Look towards the bottom of it for WIDTH entries.

I'm having issues with images.

I am trying to upload images with the criteria provided by CC, but I am unable to upload the images.  I am using a JPEG format with pictures that are far under 800 pixel width.  Please help!  Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Hi Alicia,

Do you receive an error message when you try to upload the image? If so, it could be encoding problem. To remove encoding, you can take the image to www.picnik.com and upload the image. Save it as a jpeg and give it a new name. Once saved, try uploading the image to Constant Contact.

Let me know if that works,

Jarrad
Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

Alicia, The problem stems from the file you are trying to upload. The file you attached to this post exceeds the 800 pixel width max of the image library. Try with a smaller image (diameter wise). Regards, Tony
Honored Contributor

Try renaming it to something shorter as well. The system should re-size a large image but try those two things and test.

Blank template and block that extends across almost the width of the email

Is there either of options available in constant contact?

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously