cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Width of email

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Blank template and block that extends across almost the width of the email

Hi Ian,

Absolutely! We have both of those!  First you can delete any extra block and just keep one block in your template.  Then you can drag the block so that it fills the entire width.  But why mess around with that when you can find templates that already fit the width!

full width template.png

Click the Email Marketing tab in the product > then click on Create > When you get to the Template Selector, click the layout for the full width.

Then you'll have a full array of templates to choose from that fit your critieria!

I hope that helps!

Honored Contributor

Re: Width of email

Hi Scott,

The images you are using in your email are being compressed and that is causing them to not be readable.  Your images should be no wider than 600px wide. You can resize images at Picnik for free.  If after you resize and re-upload into your account, they still appear blurry and pixelated, you may want to host them on a free third-party site like Photobucket or Flickr.  Then you can insert the image by image URL instead of inserting from your MyLibrary with us.

To insert an image using an Image URL:

Copy the URL given to you from the third-party site

Go into the email that you're working on.

Click to edit the block where you want the image to appear

Right click (ctrl+click if on a Mac) on the image

Choose Change

In the popup, click on "Enter Image URL" and paste in the URL you copied.

You can then click on Preview to view the image in the bottom part of the popup.

Then click Insert Image to insert it into your email.

FAQ 1303: Adding an Image to an Email

If you have any questions, let us know!

Thanks!

Occasional Visitor

Marissa, I don't think you understood Scott's question. It's the width of the newsletter, not the resolution of the images that we have a problem with. People are using higher and higher screen resolutions and these newsletters are coming across really small and difficult read. Again, it has nothing to do with the images being inserted, it's the template itself.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem without having to be a master at coding?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone,

All templates are 600 pixels wide which is a standard width for email clients. It could be that the email client you are using does not properly render HTML. I'd like to test this and see if I have the same issues. Could you let me know what email client you're using?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

New Image Selector Issues

Just wanted to post some frustration I am having with the new image selector.

1) When you are uploading multiple images of the same thing and want to use the same caption and name for all of the images the old system was much faster. Since the image URL, caption, and name fields were in the same screen you could copy and paste the caption from one image to the next. With the new system it requires the image URL before you can see any other fields. This drastically slows down getting a lot of images on one email.

2) The other issue is the auto-resizing of images. We do not use images that are the same width of the block. We make them slightly smaller to create some white space around the image. With the new system I have to update the size of each individual image to the original size. Again this drastically slows down the process.

is there anyway to revert, back to the old system, or another work around I can do? We have been very happy with CC so far, but this is costing us time and effort. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Regular Advisor

Re: New Image Selector Issues

I'm not at all thrilled with the new image selector.  Each and every time I go to place an image, the new image selector wants me to put in dimensions otherwise the image I'm uploading reverts to the dimensions already in the boxes.  I never had to put in dimensions before, I could simply upload an image and move on to another part of the email...this is a waste of time to me and very frustrating.

Visitor

I agree - I'm having the same trouble and it is very frustrating and a waste of time!
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Matt - thanks for your feedback in regards to captions. I'll pass this on to our developers. In regards to the auto resize problem you are having, are the images that you are inserting into the block already smaller than the block? If you could let me know, I'd be happy to look into this for you. An image should only auto resize if it is larger than the block.

Chris - we are currently working to correct the issue with dimensions. We hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

The images that we are uploading are smaller than the block width.

Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

Would it be alright if we went into your account to test this?

When you have a moment, could you please let us know if this happens with a specific email or all emails and if there is a specific image we should use?

Thanks,

Jarrad

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously