cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Width of email

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

New Image Selector Issues

Just wanted to post some frustration I am having with the new image selector.

1) When you are uploading multiple images of the same thing and want to use the same caption and name for all of the images the old system was much faster. Since the image URL, caption, and name fields were in the same screen you could copy and paste the caption from one image to the next. With the new system it requires the image URL before you can see any other fields. This drastically slows down getting a lot of images on one email.

2) The other issue is the auto-resizing of images. We do not use images that are the same width of the block. We make them slightly smaller to create some white space around the image. With the new system I have to update the size of each individual image to the original size. Again this drastically slows down the process.

is there anyway to revert, back to the old system, or another work around I can do? We have been very happy with CC so far, but this is costing us time and effort. Thanks for any help you can provide!

Valued Contributor

Re: New Image Selector Issues

I'm not at all thrilled with the new image selector.  Each and every time I go to place an image, the new image selector wants me to put in dimensions otherwise the image I'm uploading reverts to the dimensions already in the boxes.  I never had to put in dimensions before, I could simply upload an image and move on to another part of the email...this is a waste of time to me and very frustrating.

Visitor

I agree - I'm having the same trouble and it is very frustrating and a waste of time!
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Matt - thanks for your feedback in regards to captions. I'll pass this on to our developers. In regards to the auto resize problem you are having, are the images that you are inserting into the block already smaller than the block? If you could let me know, I'd be happy to look into this for you. An image should only auto resize if it is larger than the block.

Chris - we are currently working to correct the issue with dimensions. We hope to have it resolved soon.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

The images that we are uploading are smaller than the block width.

Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

Would it be alright if we went into your account to test this?

When you have a moment, could you please let us know if this happens with a specific email or all emails and if there is a specific image we should use?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

Yes you can go into our account and test this. We've only done one email since the switch over, but I just created a quick test email and it is doing the same thing. You can use any of the images here "http://corporategotem.com/images/newsletter/10_4_11/". Almost all of them should be 560 wide.

Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

Can you let me know what the name of that image is so I can test it?

I think this may best be handled over the phone. Could you private message me your telephone number or call us at 1-866-289-2101 when you have a moment?

Thanks,

Jarrad

I'm having an issue where every image I upload is distorted. I use the Image URL option. Every photo is stretched too wide, causing me to play with the dimensions until the images looks (somewhat) normal. Anybody else having this issue? it's causing a serious delay to a normally routine process.

-David

Advisor

Hey David -

I am sorry that you are having trouble with our new image selector.

Our engineering team is currently working on this issue as we speak, however there is a workaround.

Where ever you find the image try to get the original height and width.

What you would then need to do is:

Click on our Image URL tab

Insert the URL

Click on Preview

Then towards the bottom right click on the lock then manually type the original height and width and insert the image as normal.

Screenshot.png

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any more assistance.

Tier 2 Community Support
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!