cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Width of email

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Re: New Image Selector Issues

Yes you can go into our account and test this. We've only done one email since the switch over, but I just created a quick test email and it is doing the same thing. You can use any of the images here "http://corporategotem.com/images/newsletter/10_4_11/". Almost all of them should be 560 wide.

Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

I tested this and when I inserted images into the blocks, the images displayed at their original dimensions. They did not become larger. When I resized an image before inserting it, the image displayed at the dimensions I had entered.

What browser are you using? You're using the image URL to add the image to your email, correct?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

image_size.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the image after I enter the image URL and hit preview. The image width should be 560. I am using firefox 7.0.1. Thanks again for your help.

Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

Can you let me know what the name of that image is so I can test it?

I think this may best be handled over the phone. Could you private message me your telephone number or call us at 1-866-289-2101 when you have a moment?

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

I'm having an issue where every image I upload is distorted. I use the Image URL option. Every photo is stretched too wide, causing me to play with the dimensions until the images looks (somewhat) normal. Anybody else having this issue? it's causing a serious delay to a normally routine process.

-David

Advisor

Hey David -

I am sorry that you are having trouble with our new image selector.

Our engineering team is currently working on this issue as we speak, however there is a workaround.

Where ever you find the image try to get the original height and width.

What you would then need to do is:

Click on our Image URL tab

Insert the URL

Click on Preview

Then towards the bottom right click on the lock then manually type the original height and width and insert the image as normal.

Screenshot.png

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any more assistance.

Tier 2 Community Support
Regular Advisor

I don't understand why CC would work to "improve" something only to make it ultimately a slower process.  Having to figure out the dimension of every image I put into an email is basically MORE WORK.  I use CC every weekday 9am to 4pm to create newsletters for my clients.  SO frustrating to find a "NEW" change that should be good, really only just slows me down : /

I suggest you change the image selector back to what it was until you have this dimension issue figured out in the "new and improved" image selector.

Advisor

Hello kinetica -

We are in the process as we speak to incorporate pagination into the image selector which should take care of the loading / slowness issues.

I am sorry that you are having difficulties at this time, but the new image selector is a result to customer feedback and requests. We are always striving to enhance the product, and there may be minor growing pains until we perfect the experience for everyone.

Please keep your feedback coming, and If you have any further questions or suggestions let us know.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support
Occasional Participant

YES!!!!! I have to hope the image size is correct. it automatically resizes my images to something like 150 x 87 or something tiny like that. It won't allow me to do the original size though.When I try to put in the width, it auto adjusts the height and vice versa. There's no option to unclick a button to have full control. The lock button serves no purpose.

PLEASE DISABLE THIS UNTIL IT WORKS PROPERLY! We have to get work done and rely on this paid service.

Advisor

Hello bianconilisa -

This issue you are having is something we are working on correcting.

You should be able to click on the lock icon, when you do it unlocks allowing you control of the height and width of your images.
I am sorry that you are having these difficulties and our engineering team is striving to get this fixed as soon as possible.

If you find that you are still having troubles, please let me know.

Mike

Tier 2 Community Support
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously