cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Happy Turkey Day! In recognition of Thanksgiving our Support office will be closed Thursday (11/23). We will be open Friday (11/24) for limited hours (10:00am - 6pm ET) and will be back to normal hours on Monday (11/27).

Width of email

SOLVED
All Star

Re: New Image Selector Issues

I personally like the new image selector. However... When you finish your newsletter and you set it for sending. I always include "Share" on Facebook. And when you have the option to add an image to your FB posting and link;  in setting that up, it reverts back to the old way of adding an image. Very annoying, because then I have to hunt for the image to use by name, it's usually a image# that I'm hunting for. So I'd love for the selection to be the same way the newsletter is formatted. That way I can select most recent used and find my images really fast.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I tested this in your account and was able to scroll through all of your images. Rather than using the scroll bar to quickly scroll down your list, I used the down arrow which allowed me to scroll through all of your images. I did this in Firefox. Can you please try this and let me know how it goes? If you continue to have trouble, please try using a different browser.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
All Star

Well, now it works but it's still pathetically slow and that's at the core of my issues. If this process were operating at a decent speed, the basic design would be fine.

I'm using Firefox 8, W7, with lots of PC power and good connectivity. Your image processing just runs slowly!

BTW...switching browsers to resolve an issue isn't a great suggestion. Everything I use is common software that shouldn't present any problems. The suggestion from another poster that Chrome resolves the problems is a non-starter...except as a way to narrow down the problem.

I'm really at a loss on what you should do. Unless this speeds up a lot, you've made my life much more difficult. So if this is it, I'll explore alternatives which, after 4 successful years, is not my preference.

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Using another browser is only a workaround and not a solution for the slowness. Clearing cache and cookies may help. I think part of the reason there is slowness is due to the amount of images you currently have uploaded. When I tried searching for images I was able to scroll through them at a good pace. I'm using Firefox 6.0.2.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

All Star

Trust me...my PC hygiene is outstanding! Cookies and cache are spotless and this is a brand new PC so it's not loaded with junk.

I don't understand the comment about "amount if images I have uploaded." Are you telling me that I have too many images in my library?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Sorry for the misspelling. It could be that having around 900 images will make it slower to load. I have been in a few accounts with less images and didn't notice much slowness. I understand that it can take quite a while to locate an image when you have a lot. I'll pass on your feedback regarding slowness to see if we can improve the speed.

I'm sorry for your continued trouble,

Jarrad

Occasional Organizer

Removing width restriction from basic email template

Hello, I am trying to send an HTML email using a Basic template that does not have any width restriction (like a text version).  For example, when I send a regular email through Outlook, the text will automatically adjust to the size of the window.  If I resize the window, the text will "wrap" itself to fit.

I cannot find a way to do this in the CSS. I even tried removing the CSS entirely, but the blocks still default to 600px. Is there any way to create a template email that does not have any width restriction such as described above?

The purpose of this is to make the email seem like it was sent through a standard platform like Outlook instead of Constant Contact.

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Re: Removing width restriction from basic email template

Hi Matthew,

All of our templates are designed with set widths. You can change the width of a template with in the style sheet, however we do not currently have any responsive templates. If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Have a great day

Deanne Perry
Occasional Visitor

resizing blocks

I would like to resize blocks.

Specifically, their seems to be a lot of extra space at the top of the block.

I would like to scrunch the top and bottom "whitespace" in the first block or two so more

will appear in the preview pane and hopefully catch my clients attention before they dump it.

CTCT Employee

Re: resizing blocks

Updated: August 2017

Patti,

I can help you with that.

There are a few things that may be causing extra white space in your block or email design and depending on what it is will depend on how to get rid of it.   A lot of times space is due to an extra return inserted that just needs to be deleted.  To see if this is the case put your cursor in the blank space and if you see your cursor blinking in the empty space then select the backspace or delete button and it should get rid of it.  

If you are using the 2GE editor then you can actually remove the space from the HTML of the block.

Click here to find the steps to Resize a block through the HTML code of the block. But instead of inserting the height code, remove it entirely. This will give the block its default height and help get rid of the extra space, see our FAQ here.

If you are working with our 3GE then we have the option to remove the padding from an image but not text.  To remove the padding from an image right-click on the image and select Padding.  Select "Image Padding" to increase the padding or deselect "Image Padding" to decrease it.  

Have a great weekend!

Thank you,
Marty K
Social Media Support

Are you on Twitter? Follow me href="http://www.twitter.com/ctcthelp" target="_blank">here!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!
Loading script asynchronously