cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't load a PDF into Library

Visitor

Won't load a PDF into Library

I've tried ten times today to upload a PDF to my library "Documents" file. I've tried various versions of the PDF. Constant Contact goes into terminal "Wait for file" mode and won't upload it. How Frustrating!! Any suggestions?
15 REPLIES 15
CTCT Employee

Re: Won't load a PDF into Library

Hello @JackG93,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I am sorry that you are experiencing this. Have you tried switching to a different browser and trying to upload the PDF? If not, please try that and reach back out to us. You can also email social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post as well so we can do further research for you. 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

I have had this same issue trying to upload a PDF for the past two days while using Firefox.  This is the same computer, same browser  and same network that I used to upload countless docments in the past.  The upload feature works just fine for photos (jpeg, phg, etc.) It's just the PDF documents that I cant get to load.  I'm hopeing that your updates will help with this.

CTCT Employee

HI @CarynW

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I have taken a look and found that we have verified an issue with the latest version of Firefox loading PDF's, our product team is researching the problem for a fix. I have added the feedback to your account so that you can be notified when resolved. Thank you for using Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

I'm having the same issue with uploading pdf's using Firefox. I switched over to Chrome and got the pdf uploaded, but still won't work with Firefox. If there's a way to notify me when you get it resolved, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hey @FirstAscentAM,

Thank you for letting us know you are also experiencing the issue! I will add your email to our notification so that you are made aware when the issue has been resolved. 

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

This is awful -- trying Constant Contact over MailChimp for the first time and so far, really disappointed. Can't upload a PDF to the Library using Chrome, FireFox and/or Safari. This program is worthless to me thus far at the very first thing I've tried to do. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @LouisF81

It's good to see you in the Community! I'm sorry to hear that you are having issues with uploading a PDF to the library. One thing to keep in mind is that the size limit per upload to the library is 5mb, so make sure your pdf is smaller than that.

If you would like, you are welcome to send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, and your pdf document attached so that we can review it and see what might be causing the issue and hopefully prevent this issue for you in the future. 

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue today when trying to upload a PDF into the Library. Its file size is 2.6MB.

From my Mac, I tried using both Safari (my default browser) and Chrome with no luck. 

From a PC in the office, I also tried Chrome again, as well as Microsoft Edge. It gets 'stuck' in the same spot and will not upload the PDF. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JeannineA,

Thank you for bringing your question to us!  We're currently tracking an issue that is causing documents to freeze during that upload.  We haven't found a definitive cause, but it currently appears that in the majority of cases this is caused by something being mis-read in the PDFs layering.  Using your PDF editor to 'flatten' the pdf should fix that.  Alternately, if you don't have an editor that can flatten PDFs, most third party PDF compression programs will also flatten the document as part of their compression.

This is definitely not functioning as designed, and our support team would be more than happy to assist as well.  You can email us your username, and that PDF at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com and we can do it here, or if you need immediate assistance just give us a call at the numbers listed here.

Aaron H

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!