cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress Integration

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Re: WordPress Integration

Just an FYI, I hope you're working on adding this option because we're going to be moving to a WordPress website and it would be much easier to move to another company that does support this option than to have to create an email like this every time.

Honored Contributor

Hello, 

Currently we do not have an automatic way to email out updates to an RSS feed from a blog.  This is an item that is being reviewed by our developers though.  I will submit your feedback to that topic.  Currently the best way to add blog content to your emails is through the steps listed above by Jarrad.  

Hope this helps, 

Occasional Visitor

PLEASE add a way to insert/integrate our newsletters into Wordpress. It would make a world of diference. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Hi Razza,

I'm sorry that we don't have a way to insert your entire newsletter onto WordPress, but we do have a very easy way to share a link directly to your WordPress.

You would want to first click on Email > then on the name of the email(newsletter( you wish to share.  (NOTE: Your email has to have been sent already)

Now scroll all the way to the bottom where the Social Stats section is.  Click on the red + button next to Start Sharing.

Start Sharing.JPG

That will take you to a new page with a lot of Social Sites on it. Scroll down to WordPress and click on it or type WordPress into the Search bar.    Then follow the prompts to share to your blog.

I hope that helps!

Occasional Advisor

I would like to share how I now integrate Constant Contact with  my Wordpress Blog.

1. I start with Wordpress.  A post for each article which I may or may not include in my newsletter.

2. This post also gets published to my Facebook Page (I use wordpress.org with a plugin)

3. At this point most of the content for my newsletter is already  online.  It is searchable and catalogued.

4. Copy my last newsletter and begin editing. 

5. It is VERY easy to copy a post and then paste it directly into Constant Contact.  I may have to resize photos, clear styles, Usually this works very well.  Links will copy from posts to my newsletter.  I publish a community newsletter and the content is now overhwelming.  So I delete copy in the newsletter to a paragraph or two. Click on the Title will bring them to the whole article on a post in Wordpress.  When you copy from Wordpress to Constant Contact the Title brings a link with it.  I tell readers to click on the Titles for more information. You can add  'more...' links in articles, but it is another step. 

6. I then edit and update to Table of Contents.

7. Right below the Table I have another block, same color, with the title 'More Articles on the Web'.  I cut and paste the last 15-20 posts (articles) into this block. I format the fonts like the table of contents.  The tricky part is that I do on occasion get a parsing error.  I use html to fix it - and have found adding just a couple of links at time seems to work better.

I reviewed several wordpress plugins that 'create newsletters'.  The formatting and styling options are poor. Creating a newsletter was a hassle.  It was easier to use Constant Contact as I've started doing AND the list management in CC is 100 times better than any Wordpress Plug-in.  

I've been a bit frustrated but figuring this all out has been worth it.  I feel like I can have my cake and eat it too.

Nancy

Outer Banks CommonGood

Occasional Contributor

I use WordPress for articles and link them into a monthly CC newsletter much like you do, Nancy.

I do one additional steps ... create an archive of the CC newsletter and use that archive link to build a newsletter archive on the WordPress site so people can easily view current and past newsletters.

- Jean

Occasional Advisor

I did that for a while but I wanted people to search by article or topic.  

Nancy

Occasional Visitor

Is there a way to automate this or put Wordpress in as an option of social sharing before each message is sent? Thank you!

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

@MicheleB40 

Currently that isn't a feature that we have but please do provide use your feedback in our Feedback Forum! This will be your best avenue for sure as our engineers look to this information when implementing new features!

Best,

Ian W

Community & Social Media Support Intern
Occasional Visitor

I strongly agree!  I'm a long time CC user and a new WordPress user.  I'd love to see the integration made simpler!