cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress Integration

SOLVED

Embedding a newsletter into my WordPress site

I have the same question, but I haven't even gotten far enough to figure out where to create the code my WP template needs to show/connect the WP form to CC.

Hmmm...upon reading the initial question, I think mine is related, but different. My WP template has a form that allows readers to subscribe to my newsletter, but I need to create a code somehow/somewhere on CC to enter it in the WP form to connect them. Is this possible? If so, how/where do I create the code? Thanks!

Here's another issue related to CC newsletters in WordPress. Currently we're transferring from a Sharepoint to Wordpress platform for our website. We posted our newsletter archives by copying the html from the newsletter and pasting into a new page on the Sharepoint site (with a few edits in Dreamweaver). It turns out great, just like our newsletter regularly looks when sent via email. (http://familysupportclearinghouse.org/Newsletters/Pages/August2010.aspx). When I take this same html and transfer to a page in WP the formatting gets messed up: different font types, sizes and colors, the images aren't visible, and other issues. (http://www.familysupportclearinghouse.org/Newsletters/Documents/ConstantContactKINewsWP.pdf). How do I make the newsletter appear correctly?

WordPress to CC

How can I directly feed my CC newsletter with the latest posts from the WordPress-based site?

I know it's easy with MailChimp's RSS-to-newsletter feature, but I'd hate to have to switch providers now. What can I do with CC?

Thanks!
Developer

Is there a way to use Constant Contact for blog subscriptions?

The facts:

a) I use Constant Contact for my newsletter, and I want to allow people to subscribe to my blog (from my blog) so they can get a feed of my posts via email.

b) I have found no widgets or plugins that will send the blog updates through Constant Contact

c) That means I will have to have two lists which will be confusing to my readers.

d) I have a big investment in Constant Contact as my site interfaces with them "under the covers" to subscribe folks who register to use my site.

I don't want to have two lists, but don't seem to have a choice... what do you suggest?

Thanks!

Dave
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave, Constant Contact won't interface from your blog. Should I guess your using WordPress? I suggest you consider RSS for that. Just a thought. You might just wish to include a portion of your blog (lead in teaser....) in your newsletter and just point to your blog page from there. Regards, Tony
Developer

Thanks, Tony. I will use RSS, and want to use an email option. I'll just use Feedblitz for that and if there's a problem with confusion I'll deal with it if/when it happens. I think I'm overthinking this!

Re: Is there a way to use Constant Contact for blog subscriptions?

That's exactly what I want to do: I want to use my CC newsletter as a digest of the new posts on our website each month. The site is built using WordPress and I know I could take the RSS feed and import it directly into . I'd rather not change newsletter providers, but I will if it means I save time not having to copy and paste. Any help?

The CC API plugin does this but it apparently doesn't work in firefox, at least not on my site. It works in IE and there's just a blank there in firefox.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/constant-contact-api/

Highlighted

Thanks for the feedback.  Any chance you can share which version of Firefox you're using that the plugin doesn't show up in?  Also, any chance you can show a screenshot of what is coming up blank? 

Dave Berard
Senior Product Manager, Constant Contact