cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight from 11:00 PM - 12:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site.
We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM.
Thank you for your patience while we make these important updates.

WordPress Integration

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Re: Is there a way to use Constant Contact for blog subscriptions?

How in the WORLD can I post a new WordPress Question... This is really not a reply!  Anyway, here goes (moderator, please post this as a new topic):   I'm considering WP-WordPress for free membership and eventual document sales on my site. In your opinion, will this integrate with Constant Contact and relieve me of manually copying subscribers (members) it logs at my site over to Constant Contact?  Also, what are the improvements you mentioned to the WP Plugin from constant Contact that are to be released July 23?  FYI, here is some info on WP-WordPress:

WP-Members has tools to create specific URLs for your registration page, which is great for acting as a landing page for ads. Add-ons for integrating w/ PayPal and email services or get all add-ons:  $59/year

Thanks!

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @DanG8496,

Thank you for contacting us with this question!  The Constant Contact Forms for Wordpress plugin will connect directly to your Constant Contact account and will eliminate the need to manually move your new sign ups from your website to your account with us.  If I recall, wordpress does require a membership above the free tier to enable the plugin.  If that is the case and you are not ready to upgrade with them, our Sign-up Forms tab in your account will allow you to build connected sign up forms that you can place on your site with provided code.

Briody_W
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Great, thanks for the reminder.  My question, though possibly poorly worded, was more about the integration of free but registration-required membership.  The plugin for this (presumably WP-Member) must coordinate with CC so new members get signed up to CC, but ALSO when they visit later to (any time) to read more privileged content, they will be able to sign in using their email addresses (presumably verified via integration with my email list at CC).  I was told by the CC tech that this function requires an outside plugin that integrates this way, and so I am searching for such a solution.  Opinion?

CTCT Employee

Hello @DanG8496,

Thanks for getting back to us!  Just to be sure I am understanding. You are looking for an integration that will not only let people sign up for your mailing list, but also will then let them log in to your website with the email address that they provided so that they can access other content?

If that is the case, you may need to look at a third party integration.

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Right, and that integration might just be WP-Member.  If it does not connect that way, then it is a problem of just the manual work to periodically reconcile the WP-Member list that it creates and the CC list that contains folks who responded to my CC campaigns to indicate their literature preference (fiction, financial and humor). This segmentation is what I'm working on as a many weeks-long process, with my existing CC list (in other words, get my CC list to sign-up for their preferred literature category). If there is no integration between WP-Member and CC for it to check with my CC lists for members prior to admitting folks to my resource pages, then I'd have to do this manually. I do know that this plugin and many others do integrate with CC insofar as it adds people to the list at CC and removes as appropriate. I'd rather not have to often reconcile the lists (make them identical) manually, but folks will get membership via CC emailing & updating of their preferences, and other folks will come to my site & opt-in via the WP-Member plugin if I install it. So, I'm researching a solution that does these things. Soon, I'd like to sell some limited content (if my novel revision is not picked up by one of the publishers that already publish my other stuff, etc.).  It is your & other CC Community member opinions I seek to gain on this and the best way to go.  Perhaps a visit to AuthorDan.com might help, if you have time & interest. There, you might have a fun read, but you might also see how I've got CC opt-in forms that feed the CC lists.  This is all quite convoluted, but I hope I've described what I'd like to accomplish so that readers of this blog might offer some advice or refer some plugins (perhaps better for this than WP-member).

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @DanG8496,

Thank you for reaching back out to us with this information. I can definitely understand how beneficial and easy it would be for you to have a plugin that would function the way you need it to. At this time, there are no integrations/plugins that function the way you are looking for it to function. If you would like to have something similar to this, an Integration will need to be created that would be connected with our system. I apologize for any inconvenience. Feel free to poke around in our Marketplace for informational purposes. If you happen to have any additional questions, feel free to reach back out to us at any time. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Participant

Thanks.

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hi @DanG8496,

You are very welcome and we appreciate you reaching out here in the Community with your questions!

Nichelle M

Honored Contributor

Re: WordPress to CC

Hi Leah, Thanks for your question. To insert your Blog content, you can go into your email newsletter. Then click to edit the block where you want the content. Then on the left you will see a menu of options. Under the Insert Header, you will see Blog Content (BETA). You can click on that and then enter your Feed/RSS URL and hit Retrieve. Here is also our video on how to insert your Blog content into your email: http://www.constantcontact.com/display_media.jsp?id=263t I hope that helps!

Marissa W.

Community & Social Media Support Representative

Honored Contributor

Re: WordPress Integration

Hi,

The Wordpress plug in for Constant Contact is designed to grow your list with a sign up form to place on your site.

We do not currently have a plug in that will send blog posts to your contacts.

What you could do is add blog content to an email and send that to your contacts.

To add blog content to an email, follow these steps:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Email > My Emails
  2. To the left of the desired email name link, click Edit icon Edit.
  3. Hover your cursor over the blockwhere you want the content to go.
  4. Click the Edit icon Edit .
  5. Position your cursor where you want the blog content to appear.
  6. On the left-hand side, click the Insert button.
  7. Then click the Blog Content icon Placeholder Image
  8. In the window that appears, enter the Feed/RSS URL for the blog you wish to insert.
  9. Click Retrieve to pull the blog information.
  10. Select which blog posts you wish to insert.
    Note: You must select at least one.
  11. Choose the layout for your posts by selecting either "Summary", "Full Post", or "Single Line (Title)".
    Note: Summary will include the title of your post and up to 70 words of your post's description.
  12. Select whether to delete the current content in the block before inserting the blog posts.
    Note: Deleting the block content removes all content and formatting from the block. This option will often yield the best results.
  13. Click Insert at the bottom of the page.
  14. In the block, click the Save icon Save .

You can use standard block editing optionsto change the font, color, or edit any information in the displayed blogs.

Notes:

• The blog content inserted does not automatically update. When copying or resending an email, you may wish to repeat this process and re-insert content to capture your most recent blogs.
  • Consider creating your email using one of the several recently introduced RSS email templates. This templates include Global Colors and Fonts optimized for the insert Blog Content feature.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!