cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WordPress Integration

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: WordPress Integration

I am a ten year user of CC.  I send out a weekly community newsletter.  I also have a self-[hosted wordpress site.

1. Is there ANY WAY I can convert, manipulate my CC newsletter to show on page or post.  I am not talking about a link or embedded link. I've tried copying to Word and post back, printing to PDF and SPIRD (spelling) 

2. The major reason I want to do this is that it isn't possible to search my Archives by topic.  Each one had a distinct and nonreleated url.  An example, last year I published three articles about hunger in our community.  No way to search for those articles.  If my newsletter was posted to my wordpress file, it would at least show up in a website search.

3. Ideally certain articles could be saved to an online database or collection.  

I wish constant contact was more like searching Harper's Magazine.  

Thanks,

Nancy

Hi Nancy, 

Currently there isn't a way to show the newsletter on your site. Although the content is yours the template is Constant Contact property. Maybe a workaround for you would be to share an image from the newsletter.

I'm happy to pass along your feedback about the search technique you are using. Just to clairfy, are you using Constant Contact's Archive tool? If so, the emails would be searchable outside of Constant Contact if they are on your website. 

Thanks for posting,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Hannah,

Thank you for the quick response. I've been trying to do this off and on for about five years. Get frustrated and move on. 

Just let me make sure I understand this.  I can link the world to my urls (5 years x 50) . And for that Constant Contact will loan me the template (although I've made modifications) and I will provide the content.  I can't post directly to a webpage or post, because Constant Contact  owns the template.  Do you own the images that I  have uploaded in the last five or six years.  I pay for the expanded library.  I have always wanted a searchable newsletter. 

This is not directed toward you personally Hannah, but  I am more than discouraged, I'm angry.  I'm a long time client, i recommend you to anyone who asks,  I am now retired and everything I do in Constant Contact I do for free.  And now I find out it is not for technical reasons, but for more profit, that you won't let your customers use  coordinated social media.  

I am stunned.  

NANCY

Hi Nancy,

I am sorry that you are so frustrated, that is not our goal. I just want to clarify my previous post so that you have the best information possible. We do not own or use any of your content or images but when you select a template from the picker, that is Constant Contact property. If you would like to read more of the specifics on this check out section 6.5 and 6.6 of our Terms and Conditions

I notice that you do have Archive on your account already so your newsletters, when shared on your website (using the Archive URL) will be searchable. Maybe this is a problem that we are running into. If they are not searchable using the guidelines listed in this FAQ please let me know and we can troubleshoot that more. Unfortunately these emails would not show in your website search but I'm happy to submit this as feedback for you. 

You have social sharing options from your Archive page. You can share your Homepage or individual emails that you have archived. Here's how to use this feature. Also, once you get to the social sharing options there is a plus sign icon that gives you a list of places you can share this link. As you have previously mentioned, this will share the link and not an image of the email but again, I can pass that along for you.

Hope this helps clarify further, 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

Really disappointed about this. We are going to switch to a competitor because it is too important to our campaigns and in 2013 this shouldn't be something we have to do manually each time.

Honored Contributor

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for any frustration. I am happy to add your feature request to our database.  This is still under review with our developers. But if we hear anything, we will definitely update this thread.

Occasional Advisor

I appreciate the feedback.  It has forced me to look at alternatives to Constant Contact.   Constant Contact has a lot of great features. Obviously, I like it, I've used it for ten years.  My content has grown and we now maintain calendar, the newsletter, a blog, and facebook.  I am looking for a way to integrate my Wordpress site and the newsletter. . I have five years times 50 archives out there and no way to search it on my website.  I started cut and pasting my newsletter articles as Wordpress Posts.  That appears to be the only way to provide at least some archive to my subscribers.   

Wordpress has some plulgins that will compile posts for emailing. The posts would be searchable on my website.

It won't look as nice at Constant Contact .  You also do a great job in Client Management.  So I'm weighing my alternatives, cut and paste and continue with Constant Contact; or move to a Wordpress Newsletter. 

Thank you.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome. I do hope that you decide to stay with us.  Have you looked at all into our Marketplace to see if someone has created a plugin that could help you integrate your WordPress and Constant Contact?

Occasional Advisor

I have continued to use CC but in a slightly different way.

I start by adding the article to my wordpress page - which automatically posts to Facebook and Twitter.  My newsletter template is more in the magazine format.  I add the most important articles into blocks with a small graphic.  I link back to Wordpress with the 'More'. I usually have to reformat the text and of course change the graphic.   I also add the other articles with a link in a table in the template, I've found this the easiest way to move from wordpress to the newsletter.   Not perfect but it is relatively easy.

All articles are searchable on the website.  Eventually will have pages about certain categories.  I have already done that with Volunteer Opportunities, sorted alphabetically.  I was using another plugin for a opportunity directory but that meant adding information one more time.

Thanks

Invalid username / password combo

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Constant Contact form with gravity form in wordpress, but in  "Constant Contact Account Information" section i am getting folowing error, Where as i can logged into constantcontact.com using same username and password.

"Invalid username / password combo. Please try another combination. Please note: spaces in your username are not allowed. You can change your username in the My Account link when you are logged into your account, and this may remedy the problem."

Can you please help.

Thanks,

Param

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!