cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong email address for origination/reply

Occasional Visitor

Wrong email address for origination/reply

Even though I have edited the campaign and removed the previous now-dead email account, it still shows that email from when the campaign was first composed. Recipients don't see it, but I am not convinced that responses won't go to the dead email.
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Wrong email address for origination/reply

Hello @janinet1. Thanks for reaching out to the Community. Were you concerned about the reply email for your campaign being incorrect? If you need to add in a new reply email, you will first need to verify the new email address. From there, you can then change the reply email to the correct one using the Header Options in your campaign. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

I too am having an issue of the wrong email address appearing as the sender of my campaigns. Despite setting my desired "from" address that is already verified, it keeps defaulting to a different email address. Unlike OP, my glitch is visible to everyone who receives this email. Yet when I go back and view the campaign details, everything appears correct. I am rather concerned about this because my emails go out to tens of thousands of recipients and the email address that it keeps defaulting to is only for internal staff usage.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Droll_Yankees

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with the reply address as well, but I am happy to help. I'd like to ask a couple questions. Is the address the replies are going to a verified email address on your account? Does the correct reply address forward to any other emails automatically?

Thanks!

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Hi Alex,

The reply-to address is correct, it's the "from" address that does not match what is set within the campaign.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @Droll_Yankees

Oh I see! I misunderstood. My apologies! When you send a test email, does the from address appear correctly in your inbox?

Thanks!

Alex S.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Hi Alex,

No worries! No, the tester emails also show the wrong email address in the "from" field.

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @Droll_Yankees,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this.  It looks like you might have your authentication settings turned on, and when it was set up they just put in address that isn't customer friendly.  When you turn on authentication settings, you're essentially routing all emails through a single specific address we create for you, which exists solely to help keep your emails out of the spam-box.  You can update your authentication settings by following the steps listed here.

Just keep in mind that once you change those settings, it can disable all sending from your Constant Contact account for up to 24 hours, and you may see higher spam reports, or lower open rates for a time afterwards.

Aaron_H

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.