Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XLS Import Lists & Tags

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

XLS Import Lists & Tags

Hello,

I am looking to bulk upload a list of contacts via excel or csv.  I am wondering, how do include "lists" and "tags" to be part of the upload document? I created a user and added tags and lists to that user and exported them as a csv file. That worked fine and gave me the name, email headers. As well as the "Tags" and "Email Lists" columns. Then I deleted my test contact and added it to the export file along with another to import.  However, when I import it doesn't recognize the "Email Lists" column and just gives me the option to select what List all imports should be associated with.

Here is an example of my import doc.

sampleCCImport.JPG

I have my list setup that some users may be in different Lists.Bob might be in list 1 and Sara might be in list 1 and 3.  I'd like that to be part of import. I appreciate any insight.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: XLS Import Lists & Tags

Hi @BarryB854 

That's a great question! the first step to uploading a list of contacts with tags is creating your tag before your upload. As long as the exact tags in your file is available in your account, our system will recognize it during the upload process. With that said, I apologize contact lists do not work the same way. At this time our system does not recognize the different lists under your "Email Lists" column. This is a great feature request we have submitted to our Product Team. In the meantime, as a workaround, we suggest splitting the file up to have one file per list, and importing each file separately.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Re: XLS Import Lists & Tags

Hey Frankie....

Thanks for the reply!

I think I am actually just going to use the API Add_Contact and add the list w/ ::addList();  I was able to see the List ID from a simple form - so I will use that to add it to people when we upload our database:

$contact = new Contact();
$contact->addEmail($_POST['email']);
$contact->addList('1285823438');
$contact->addList('1597339570');
$contact->addList('1717557123');
$contact->first_name = $_POST['first_name'];
$contact->last_name = $_POST['last_name'];

Thanks Again..