cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You may have a bug

Highlighted
All Star

You may have a bug

As a new "Trial" user in C.C. and testing this program vs what I am useing, here is one thing I found that I think should be corrected.

After laying out my campaign and entered some custom fields, than sent it to my test group.Two things I found happened: The program

told me it sent the campaign, the test group did not get it (I think I know why) and secondly two of the custom fields did not populate. I

could not see that in the review window before I sent it. I started a third test and found that the two custom fields where not linked, that may 

have caused the mail to fail on the previous one. Once that was corrected it sent ok, and my test group got the Email. I also tearned

something, you can not move a link field to a different place on the page, it will break the link.

Ken

1 REPLY 1

Re: You may have a bug

Hello @KenC835,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We certainly want your email campaigns to work the way they should. You are correct that if you copy and paste a hyperlink from one area of the campaign to another, it will break the URL link.

Custom fields will not populate in the preview window. Custom fields are associated with contacts whereas any information that does populate in a preview window is tied to the account owner's information. 

It looks like the test list you wanted to send to was not selected on your original live send. This would explain why they did not receive it. 

I'm happy to hear the email did send successfully in the end. If I'm misunderstanding anything, please reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email campaign, and a reference to this post and we can assist you further; especially in discussing sensitive account information. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!