cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your web software doesn't work properly using Safari 7.0.3

Occasional Visitor

Re: Cant share with fb or twitter

I sent out my first campaign today and it too is not posting on my facebook page.  I followed the instructions below but it is not working.

Honored Contributor

Hi @RebeccaB288

For you we may need to go remove the connection within your Facebook account.

So to start, let's remove the Facebook connection within your Constant Contact account within your first sent email. 

Go to Share Again > Manage > Delete all those Facebook accounts.

Then in another tab, let's go to your Facebook account.

Click the drop down arrow (where you would go to log out)

Select Settings

On the next page, click on Apps on the left

You may have to click Show All to see all your apps

Where you see Constant Contact, click the X next to it to Remove the connection

Now that that is removed, let's go back into your Constant Contact account

Go back into your campaign and into Share Again

Add your Facebook pages again

Now try sharing to your Facebook pages.

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty!

Frequent Visitor

I've tried these steps, but am also unable to post on fb. 

@Marissa_R wrote:

Hi @RebeccaB288

For you we may need to go remove the connection within your Facebook account.

So to start, let's remove the Facebook connection within your Constant Contact account within your first sent email. 

Go to Share Again > Manage > Delete all those Facebook accounts.

Then in another tab, let's go to your Facebook account.

Click the drop down arrow (where you would go to log out)

Select Settings

On the next page, click on Apps on the left

You may have to click Show All to see all your apps

Where you see Constant Contact, click the X next to it to Remove the connection

Now that that is removed, let's go back into your Constant Contact account

Go back into your campaign and into Share Again

Add your Facebook pages again

Now try sharing to your Facebook pages.

Let me know if you continue to have difficulty!

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem and have followed each suggestion given but having no luck posting to our Facebook page. I have 10 unknown error message and the details link won't open in the messages to give any specific information.   Any other suggestions would be welcomed.

Honored Contributor

Hi @MarcR253 & @Sherril23

Thank you both for trying those troubleshooting steps. We are currently having an issue with our Simple Share feature sharing to Facebook. It does appear that you are both affected by this. I have created cases within your accounts to track this. If you'd like to be notified when this is resolved, please let us know by replying to this post.

In the meantime as a workaround, you can use the conta.cc URL provided when you're customizing your Simple Share post and post that directly on your Facebook.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the follow-up. I was able to successfully use the workaround. I'm fine using that for the meantime. Please let me know when the original method is resolved. 

@Marissa_R wrote:

Hi @MarcR253 & @Sherril23

Thank you both for trying those troubleshooting steps. We are currently having an issue with our Simple Share feature sharing to Facebook. It does appear that you are both affected by this. I have created cases within your accounts to track this. If you'd like to be notified when this is resolved, please let us know by replying to this post.

In the meantime as a workaround, you can use the conta.cc URL provided when you're customizing your Simple Share post and post that directly on your Facebook.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting me know @MarcR253! I'm glad that the workaround is working for you currently. I've gone ahead and notated for you to be notified when this is resolved!

Thanks again!

Highlighted
Visitor

Simple Share will not Post to Facebook

I have tried sharing campaigns to my twitter and facebook accounts. Twitter works fine but can not post to facebook, keep getting unknown error.
CTCT Employee

Re: Simple Share will not Post to Facebook

Hello @JamesD131

I am sorry to hear that you are getting this error when trying to share to your Facebook accounts.  There may an issue with the connection to the accounts.  Can you try deleting the accounts and re-adding them?  You can do this by going to a recent email, clicking Share Again (or Simple Share on a Draft email), then click Manage in the top right corner of the window.  From there click the trash can next to each  facebook account.  You can then go to Add to add the accounts back. If you can try this and let us know if this helps or not, we would appreciate it.  

Visitor

Re: Simple Share will not Post to Facebook

none of these suggestions work. and using the url us NOT Simple Share. CC needs to fix this asap